IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

So - fellow Somerset fans, and yes I include myself.

Why oh why do we come back for this annual humiliation. To make it even worse there was actually some hope for a while tonight - surely there’s enough disappointment watching City without choosing to go through this.

That’s it. There’s no way I’m coming back for another dose of this... until next season!

• Admin

I forgot what a crap ground it was.

Slow queues everywhere impossible to see if you're stood up and full of people not interested in watching the cricket 

The wicket used last night hadn't been used since the world cup but why can we never adjust to it

Below par all the way through the team  we have to hammer the Welsh tonight now

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

I forgot what a crap ground it was.

Slow queues everywhere impossible to see if you're stood up and full of people not interested in watching the cricket 

The wicket used last night hadn't been used since the world cup but why can we never adjust to it

Below par all the way through the team  we have to hammer the Welsh tonight now

Below par throughout for sure....That said the Glos attack bowled exactly as our bowlers should have. I thought Jerome Taylor was particularly poor.

Our death bowling was pretty crap as well. I can’t remember any yorkers whereas Glos cleaned us up by using them.

Edited by Robbored

14 hours ago, MrBibs said:

So - fellow Somerset fans, and yes I include myself.

Why oh why do we come back for this annual humiliation. To make it even worse there was actually some hope for a while tonight - surely there’s enough disappointment watching City without choosing to go through this.

That’s it. There’s no way I’m coming back for another dose of this... until next season!

Quality night out on Glos Rd, that's the only reason I keep coming back!

Met Lammanby's Mum as well!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TomF said:

I wouldn’t say we were at our best - better sides would have chased that down tonight.  Anyway keeps us in with a chance of home QF. 

No we weren’t at our best but had enough to beat strugglers Glamorgan. 

Having witnessed our poor bowling night I was much happier to see a better performance tonight but our death bowling  is still lacking imv and against a better outfit would have paid heavily as we did last night.

31 minutes ago, TomF said:

We could do with Gregory back but that throws up problem of captaincy as I think abell has done really well in his absence 

Thing is - virtually all other death bowlers try to bowl in the block hole or with wideish yorkers but our guys don’t seem to do it. Glos did exactly that on Friday night and pretty much cleaned up the tail.

I really don’t get why our death bowlers don’t seem to do the same.

Edited by Robbored

In news that may affect Somerset or Glos, Lancashire's "home" T20 quarter final will be played at that well known Lancastrian heartland of Chester-le-Street...

The ECB in their infinite wisdom have scheduled the quarter finals to clash with the first 4 days of the Old Trafford Test, and as Sky have to show each game and would require floodlights, none of Lancs' outgrounds are suitable.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Genius.  That actually may suit whoever finishes forth - what’s wrong with daytime at Headingley tho? 

It has to be evening so that Sky can show it after the day's play in the Test has finished. If a daytime start was allowed they'd have played it at Liverpool.

No idea why they won't use Headingley, although the cynics are suggesting that Emirates' sponsorship of both Old Trafford and the Riverside may have played a part.

18 hours ago, Northern Red said:

In news that may affect Somerset or Glos, Lancashire's "home" T20 quarter final will be played at that well known Lancastrian heartland of Chester-le-Street...

The ECB in their infinite wisdom have scheduled the quarter finals to clash with the first 4 days of the Old Trafford Test, and as Sky have to show each game and would require floodlights, none of Lancs' outgrounds are suitable.

7 hours ago, TomF said:

Genius.  That actually may suit whoever finishes forth - what’s wrong with daytime at Headingley tho? 

5 hours ago, Northern Red said:

It has to be evening so that Sky can show it after the day's play in the Test has finished. If a daytime start was allowed they'd have played it at Liverpool.

No idea why they won't use Headingley, although the cynics are suggesting that Emirates' sponsorship of both Old Trafford and the Riverside may have played a part.

If it`s us they should be made to play it at Taunton.:)