IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

221ao Worcestershire- not bad.

Currently ie in play we're in 3rd and 2 points off Northants, 10 ahead of Durham, 11 ahead of Sussex and 23 (though that'll imminently become 22) ahead of Glamorgan.

Given 2nd and 3rd go up, there's grounds for cautious optimism at this stage.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Highest First Class score for Darren Stevens

Yorks v Kent 356-5

A thick inside edge off Tim Bresnan moves Darren Stevens on to 207.

Patterson bowls. Billings gets a single to get Stevens back on strike.

Driven down the ground for four!

Darren Stevens has 211!

It's his highest ever score for Kent and the highest ever score for Kent against Yorkshire!

Well Done Darren - an old stalwart.

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Highest First Class score for Darren Stevens

Yorks v Kent 356-5

A thick inside edge off Tim Bresnan moves Darren Stevens on to 207.

Patterson bowls. Billings gets a single to get Stevens back on strike.

Driven down the ground for four!

Darren Stevens has 211!

It's his highest ever score for Kent and the highest ever score for Kent against Yorkshire!

Well Done Darren - an old stalwart.

He's now out for 237. Unbelievable innings and I bet he didn't expect to beat his best first class score at the ripe old age of 43!

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Gabriel strikes again, 6.50 runs an over no wickets. Who is this guy and why is he playing? Only known for calling Root a gayboy.

He is a genuine all rounder (totally crap at everything). With no wickets and conceding a bucketful of runs, his total of 3 runs at an average of 1.5 means his batting is slightly better than his bowling.  I do not know if he had any commitments (so not sure if this would have been possible), but surely  they could have kept AJ Tye for a few weeks of red ball cricket.  Or actually any one of us would have done better!

Not to mention what were they thinking about signing a player who has been suspended due to homophobic abuse!

Edited by New Dazzler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Worcestershire 196/8- reasonably happy with that...

Make that 9!

Scoring pretty quickly so it's hard to tell if they have thrown away wickets or if it's one of those odd pitches that's good for batting and bowling- from 71/5 it's perhaps a bit much. From 153/5 though, yeah gotta be fairly happy? If it's one of those then if we bat fairly steadily maybe we can make a reasonable score.

One did bring a fairly quick few.

51 for 2        be great if we had some batters !

45 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

He is a genuine all rounder (totally crap at everything). With no wickets and conceding a bucketful of runs, his total of 3 runs at an average of 1.5 means his batting is slightly better than his bowling.  I do not know if he had any commitments (so not sure if this would have been possible), but surely  they could have kept AJ Tye for a few weeks of red ball cricket.  Or actually any one of us would have done better!

Not to mention what were they thinking about signing a player who has been suspended due to homophobic abuse!

Lancs have lost Glenn Maxwell for the last 2 games as he's gone home to prepare for the start of their domestic season, so presumably the other Aussies playing county cricket are in the same boat. If we'd got to T20 finals day, we'd have had to do without both Maxwell and Faulkner because of it.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
24 minutes ago, TomF said:

Well today is a pretty big day. Glorious sunny weather. Bat well and could have a great chance of 20+ points. Bat shite and we’re relying on Surrey.

Its going to be the later isn’t it? 

I know I am the eternal pessimist but does anyone else have a bad feeling about today?

I'd like us and Surrey to both still be batting this time tomorrow

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Well today is a pretty big day. Glorious sunny weather. Bat well and could have a great chance of 20+ points. Bat shite and we’re relying on Surrey.

Its going to be the later isn’t it? 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I know I am the eternal pessimist but does anyone else have a bad feeling about today?

I'd like us and Surrey to both still be batting this time tomorrow

Hmmm. Three more wickets down already.

57/5 as I type - some pretty poor shots it has to be said, particularly Tom Banton who appeared to be still in 20/20 mode.

Looks like some lively wickets around the country, but then again doubtless variable overhead conditions, desperation etc.

As it stands we're 110/4 which is alright, considering some of the scores around! Steady?

Sussex are 145/6 at Derbyshire- the latter were 138ao!

Northants made 217 which puts Durham into the driving seat? Durham 52/6! If those 2 can take points off and damage each other all good.

Glamorgan will likely make 350 but maybe not 400, they're 347/6 v Leicestershire.

Nothing riding on it but Lancs 259ao and Middlesex 75/6. Confirmed champions Lancashire as expected!