IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Probably could have played at Bristol, but what would be the point. Hope both teams are out on the piss together.

Raining quite heavily outside not long ago, looking out the window- centre maybe different to up there, dunno what forecast is like later.

You're right though, no play at Durham- is there any point- joint celebration! ?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is there ANY chance of a result at Taunton?

I hope so, but given how wet the West of the UK can be at this time of year I'd fear not unfortunately.

Even if the weather improves I can't see Essex wanting to make a game of it!

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

All joking aside, something has to be done about fixtures.  Usually crap weather at the begining and crap weather at the end, just shows where their priorities lie !:badmood:

Yep- late September especially is a nonsense.

We, as in collectively speaking Cricket, have been quite lucky with weather in September but we won't always be- this was clearly a week too far- hell I feared the Ashes Test at the Oval would be wrecked by rain, had that happened 2-1 Aussies!

Should IMO be finishing no later than mid September- at the latest.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TomF said:

Nice one Glos - at least one good result this week.  I do think you’re a bit of a bogey team in CC fixtures v us so not sure about that 48 points comment. Of course we may only play once too. 

Isn't there going to be a seeding system in place? In  which case it seems pretty certain there'll only be one game between us.