IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin
49 minutes ago, hodge said:

Can you imagine if the 4 day games get played abroad and we end up playing on a dust bowl that turns from day 1 ?

I heard Abu Dhabi had made their pitches available for the rest of 2020 should the ECB want to use pitches. 

At best surely now only white ball cricket to be played? 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I heard Abu Dhabi had made their pitches available for the rest of 2020 should the ECB want to use pitches. 

At best surely now only white ball cricket to be played? 

Aus/NZ have offered too

IF it were to be held in Aus the sceptic in me would say great practice for all English players for future Ashes series plus 2020 WC

Edited by hodge

This #SkyWatchAlong on Sky cricket channel has been a brilliant watch. Shane Warne, Hussain, KP and Rob Key looking back at that famous Edgbaston test.

My favourite bit so far was Warney’s nickname for Ashley Giles - Ashley smack me miles?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

This #SkyWatchAlong on Sky cricket channel has been a brilliant watch. Shane Warne, Hussain, KP and Rob Key looking back at that famous Edgbaston test.

My favourite bit so far was Warney’s nickname for Ashley Giles - Ashley smack me miles?

Yep been superb today. Warney not knowing he said bollox!???

45 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I expect AG enjoyed that as much as he did being compared to a wheelie bin by Brian Johnston

Should've been in the county ground with a few thatchers, would've been a great evening for it beating the northerners ?

Thats twice I've bought tickets for the upper tier of the new pavilion, each time unable to attend

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The latest suggestion for the league set up into three divisions looks interesting....

I`ve thought for a while this might be a good idea. Three divisions of six, one up, one down (two would be a bit much probably). Pretty much all teams would probably be involved till fairly late season. Less fixtures so hopefully more results.

I reckon it`s worth a try anyhow.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge

I've said for a while I think 3 divisions is the way to go as it increases competitiveness across the board, div 1 you're more than likely either fighting for the title or fighting relegation no mid ground or maybe just 1/2 teams. Div 2 and the ability to go up or down, and div 3 should mean loads of clubs aren't adrift at the bottom and can fight for promotion because they're not being outclassed by Div 1 teams coming down.

• Like 2

Whats does everyone reckon the format will be? I think it should just be an 18 team 2020 league 34 games over 50 odd days. Limits bowlers to only 4 overs a day compared to championship cricket and potentially 20+ overs in a day, prevents bowlers from breaking down. 2020 also means teams in and out of grounds quicker frankly must be considered at the moment even if you had the idea of a 50 over cup as well. 10 odd hours in a ground vs 4 hours should be considered.

• Admin

T20 100% to happen as that is where the TV money will fly in from

50 over was already a 2nd string competition

There was already talk of a regional 4 day competition - the question is how many days are left to play in after T20 matches are scheduled

On 30/05/2020 at 11:53, hodge said:

I've said for a while I think 3 divisions is the way to go as it increases competitiveness across the board, div 1 you're more than likely either fighting for the title or fighting relegation no mid ground or maybe just 1/2 teams. Div 2 and the ability to go up or down, and div 3 should mean loads of clubs aren't adrift at the bottom and can fight for promotion because they're not being outclassed by Div 1 teams coming down.

Does it really matter when the CC is played in the margins of the English summer whilst the 100 vanity project takes centre stage where a family can take their seats un offended by drunker working class men 'enjoying themselves'... 

☺