IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Depends how you mean a draw

If you mean the match isn't completed after 5 days. As long as both sides completed their first innings, whichever side scored more in the first innings wins. 

If both teams don't complete their first innings, the title is shared

If the scores are tied after completing all innings the title is shared

Get ready for dodgy umpire decision to go off with Essex 9 down a long way off beating our 1st innings score....

• Haha 1

• Admin

Was just thinking, if we bat through to the close today, that'll be 107 overs.

We'd need to ideally bat at least 13 more overs. (Get the 120 in)

Essex at some point would need a minimum of 4 sessions to get their 120 overs in. (Depending on weather interruptions)

That means heading into the evening session on day 4 AT BEST.

Leaving 4 sessions for both second innings.

Certainly looking like being decided by first innings scores.

I wonder if batting third could help us?

If we're ahead after both first innings, we'd have no reason to push the game especially if more overs are lost

Hindsight, of course, is a wonderful attribute, but I wonder whether just a little bit of nous might have convinced us to try and play out as many overs as we could this evening, if just to eke out a few more runs in case a first innings lead does intervene - there are now only three days for three innings, not accounting for rain/bad light interruptions.

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hindsight, of course, is a wonderful attribute, but I wonder whether just a little bit of nous might have convinced us to try and play out as many overs as we could this evening, if just to eke out a few more runs in case a first innings lead does intervene - there are now only three days for three innings, not accounting for rain/bad light interruptions.

A first innings lead might well prove to be the winning moment for whoever gets it. 

Our brilliant seam attack have got a look of unfinished business about them. I can't see them letting Essex have this one.