IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Early wicket for Overton after a quickly first couple of overs for Middlesex, anyone else surprised Banton is still at the top of the order for 4 day? I thought we may have tried going down the Gilchrist route with him as in limited overs opener but first class 6/7. On another note Gregory at 8 is a hefty line up.

They’ve made this lords pitch tiny, I get being over to one side but why bring the boundary in the other side by 15 yards? They’ve also got all the grounds man stuff and covers on the grass as well reducing the straight distance 

5 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Surrey 2 wickets down already against Glos.

Few going early around the country

I doubt they will get any more play today but getting that Surrey team 207 - 8 is pretty good going. Lets hope they can bat this season.

Oops, they are back on 215 - 9 :) 

Edited by Port Said Red

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Lucky your tail wagged by the look of it. 

Gloucestershire looking very aggressive with bat and ball so far, Surrey seem very lethargic in comparison. 

Lethargy has long dogged Surrey and their internationals. Glos have been much the better side in the first two days. The top three did very well today, Overton had a mare with the ball and in the slips. Looking good for us so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tin said:

Lethargy has long dogged Surrey and their internationals. Glos have been much the better side in the first two days. The top three did very well today, Overton had a mare with the ball and in the slips. Looking good for us so far.

good to see Jack Taylor show that he can play a conventional innings as well. A lead of 100 plus is looking likely, I just hope the weather doesn't mess this up like a few games last season. A long time since we beat Surrey.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

It'll be interesting to see how this season develops, the sides previously in bottom of half of division two were truly woeful, there will no doubt be some quick results. 

You would like to think that it might drag the standard of those clubs and players up, playing against better players usually does.

• Like 1