IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Surely Somerset won't be giving the ok for losing Abell, Banton and Gregory for the resumption?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/56709462

Abell was asked before the season on the radio and was pretty dismissive when saying he would obviously be staying and playing for Somerset. Would assume that to also the case with Gregory and Banton.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Anyone know what the earliest is fans will be able to get back to the CACG? Government guidance seems to suggest rule of 6/two households as long as socially distanced will be ok from tomorrow onwards...is that being put into practice? 

I thought sporting events were their own category for May 17th or whenever it was?

On 05/04/2021 at 12:35, PHILINFRANCE said:

Tom Lammonby appears to be in a bit of form....

Hmmm. A scratchy 5 in the First Innings and out for a firstball duck in the Second.

On 10/04/2021 at 13:40, PHILINFRANCE said:

Effectively 227/8 at present.

Ever the optimist, but we could, couldn’t we.

9 down now!

All Out.

285 to win.

Told you so ?.

13 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Glos needing 101 with 8 wickets in hand.  All looking good, Van Buuren and Dent well set.  What could possibly go wrong? Well the commentators are convinced that bad light could be an issue!

The sun is shining up there right now, Dent and Van Buuren are looking comfortable with 73 to go but you never know. It's gone a bit dark here in Portishead, I hope that doesn't make it's way up to Horfield.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The sun is shining up there right now, Dent and Van Buuren are looking comfortable with 73 to go but you never know. It's gone a bit dark here in Portishead, I hope that doesn't make it's way up to Horfield.

Yes, watching it on the live stream, wishing I was watching from one of the flats.  Van Buuren is showing a lot of aggression, lets hope that is the right tactic (seems to have works so far).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Yes, watching it on the live stream, wishing I was watching from one of the flats.  Van Buuren is showing a lot of aggression, lets hope that is the right tactic (seems to have works so far).

He deserves to be there at the end. Overton getting pissy and bowling ridiculously short as well. :) 

AAAAAh **** off rain. ?

Edited by Port Said Red