IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

George Bartlett scored a Century when we beat Glos last year; today would prove timely if he can repeat it.

In other news; Essex now 77/8!

I am pleased Durham appear to be improving this season after the deal they were dealt by the powers that rule English cricket. 

Sorry George ?.

Does anybody know why the stream appears to be only showing from behind the wicketkeeper, rather than behing the bowler's arm? 

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

George Bartlett scored a Century when we beat Glos last year; today would prove timely if he can repeat it.

In other news; Essex now 77/8!

I am pleased Durham appear to be improving this season after the deal they were dealt by the powers that rule English cricket. 

Sorry George ?.

Does anybody know why the stream appears to be only showing from behind the wicketkeeper, rather than behing the bowler's arm? 

My stream is showing from behind bowler? alternate overs.

Edited by Super

57 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Can’t believe we’re not allowed in when you see other groups outside enjoying themselves.

Mind you, I reckon there would be a big crowd in normal times.

Honours even, should be a good game.

Can see cricket really benefitting this summer with a pent up demand for watching live sport.

Even part-timers like me are itching to get down to Taunton! 

Was looking at ticket prices earlier, £32 to watch a T20 game mind?! 

• Like 1

So, I checked in to catch up on today's match and David Hopps didn't let me down ?:

Dystopian science-fiction novels have never been shy of depicting an isolated and fearful society in which debilitated human beings become over-reliant on technology and are force-fed propaganda in a sad and meaningless existence.

19 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

105 for four.................not a bad start .

Can't help but think we could've had them out for around 200 if we had a decent spinner to get rid of their long tail. We bowled well, though. I thought the young lad, Goodman, did a decent job and was unlucky with a few decisions going against him. Somerset have a competitive total on the board. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midred said:

Just looking at the BBC website cricket tables. Hants - 1 win, 5 batting, 3 bowling - 24 points. Glos - 1 win, 3 batting, 3 bowling - 22 points. Somerset - 1 win, 0 batting, 3 bowling - 11 points!  Shouldn't this be 19 points?

ECB finally got round to enforcing their points deduction ? Banter if we still win the group and teams appeal it should be the full 16 point deduction

Edited by Lrrr
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Judging by the start to this season, I am coming to the conclusion that Glos don't do afternoon sessions 

I wouldn’t say that. Bracey’s knock was top drawer and Matt Taylor’s got a career-best first-class score. Payne’s no mug, either 

31 minutes ago, tin said:

I wouldn’t say that. Bracey’s knock was top drawer and Matt Taylor’s got a career-best first-class score. Payne’s no mug, either 

Yesterday we had Somerset in all sorts of trouble in the morning, only took 1 wicket in the afternoon, and then wiped them out after Tea.

A good start today up to lunch, then 5 wickets fall between lunch and tea, then nearly 100 for 1 after tea. 

Against Surrey they had similar performance drops in the afternoon. Just an observation really.

Edited by Port Said Red

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yesterday we had Somerset in all sorts of trouble in the morning, only took 1 wicket in the afternoon, and then wiped them out after Tea.

A good start today up to lunch, then 5 wickets fall between lunch and tea, then nearly 100 for 1 after tea. 

Against Surrey they had similar performance drops in the afternoon. Just an observation really.

The pendulum swinging back and forth is the beauty of four-day cricket, IMO. These look like two evenly-matched teams. Brathwaite looked classy, Dent picked up where he left off and Bracey is taking his game to the next level. Hankins is a concern, though. 

• Like 1