IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hampshire 92 all out too

Thats incredible, Surrey seem to have really picked up from the opening game. It will be interesting to see what they do in their innings.  The County Ground appears to be even flatter than usual today as well. Leicestershire are cruising.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Thats incredible, Surrey seem to have really picked up from the opening game. It will be interesting to see what they do in their innings.  The County Ground appears to be even flatter than usual today as well. Leicestershire are cruising.

Prob a good case for Glos and Somerset to bat this morning.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Prob a good case for Glos and Somerset to bat this morning.

Yes, I think I am right in saying that Dent has won every toss so far and put the opposition in which flies in the face of conventional wisdom. The only thing I can think is that they are trying to create a run chase in the second innings, considering they have been more successful in one day cricket in the last couple of years, it would seem a reasonable tactic.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, I think I am right in saying that Dent has won every toss so far and put the opposition in which flies in the face of conventional wisdom. The only thing I can think is that they are trying to create a run chase in the second innings, considering they have been more successful in one day cricket in the last couple of years, it would seem a reasonable tactic.

Win the toss, bat first only really applies on flat tracks with a clear forecast, though.

I thought the decision to put Leics in yesterday was a good one, on a green pitch and under cloudy skies. We didn't bowl well, though, and spilled too many catches. I suspect there might be a bit of complacency creeping in as Leics are poor. 

8 hours ago, tin said:

Win the toss, bat first only really applies on flat tracks with a clear forecast, though.

I thought the decision to put Leics in yesterday was a good one, on a green pitch and under cloudy skies. We didn't bowl well, though, and spilled too many catches. I suspect there might be a bit of complacency creeping in as Leics are poor. 

Yes, bring on the wet stuff, how embarrassing would it be to lose to this shower of shite?  Like us losing to the gash !:grr:

18 minutes ago, TomF said:

Seems bonkers can’t sit at Taunton and watch cricket yet people can watch the snooker inside. The vast majority at the county championship games are likely to be fully vaccinated ! 

It really is the craziest of all the fans at sporting events rules.

I’m in the draw for the restricted crowd for the next game ?? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TomF said:

18 runs left to win and they go for lunch. Are you having a laugh.. 

To be fair, they actually require 19 runs ?.

And would you believe it?

Somerset could have won already, but NO! They had to go off for lunch and now it has started raining and the covers are on!

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

Great win for Glos, great partnership from Lace and Cockbain. But my goodness, Leicestershire are shit. To concede 39 extras (almost 11% of the chase target) tells its own story. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1