IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Can`t see it lasting though unfortunately. It`s lashing it down down here in Devon and has been for the last hour so it`s on it`s way up. The forecast is it`s set in for the rest of the day.

You are right, of course.

Hopefully, we shall get an hour to lunch - just enough for another two bonus point.

Off for rain now - to cheers from the sparse crowd!

I think that is almost certainly it now.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

Happy we got 5 bonus points in the time we had.  Looks like Middlesex should hold on for a draw at Slurrey. 2 from 3 for Div 1 by looks of it. Somerset probably just need to beat Hampshire at Taunton 

I'm still struggling with the fact we are top of the table. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

135 runs off 22 overs probably bit too much for Middlesex plus rain is closing in.. shame

It became 74 from 13, but typical Surrey/Rikki Clarke - he pulled up twice in his run up and, finally, the umpires have now taken them off for the light.

Wait!

The umpires may have changed their mind.

Back on, but now 74 from 8.

You would have been very 'disappointed' with RC had you seen his disgusting timewasting tactics - they continue with Roach apparently scared of man-eating pigeons!.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm still struggling with the fact we are top of the table. ?

I’m not. Happy days, despite today’s farce! Game in hand next week at the Oval to pull further clear, even if we lose we should still pick up bonus points.

I’d back us to beat Leics and Middx, Hants should be the toughest of our games left (unless Surrey’s top five fire next week). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tin said:

I’m not. Happy days, despite today’s farce! Game in hand next week at the Oval to pull further clear, even if we lose we should still pick up bonus points.

I’d back us to beat Leics and Middx, Hants should be the toughest of our games left (unless Surrey’s top five fire next week). 

Surrey will probably be missing their England contingent. Though that'll mean Glos miss Bracey as well.

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Surrey will probably be missing their England contingent. Though that'll mean Glos miss Bracey as well.

Good point, I’d overlooked that. Surrey will still have Amla and Stoneman, though. 

I reckon Bracey’s 50/50 for his Test debut, in which case he might play at the Oval. Silverwood will probably go Burns, Sibley, Crawley, Root, Pope, Bracey/Lawrence, Foakes, Robinson/Overton, Leach, Wood, Anderson. 

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Looks like Miles Hammond is going to get himself a reputation as a player of spin.

He started as an offie, don’t forget.

Dismal from Glos over these last three days. Everyone knows the class of Amla, but we let a strong position on day one slip and batted woefully. 

1 hour ago, tin said:

He started as an offie, don’t forget.

Dismal from Glos over these last three days. Everyone knows the class of Amla, but we let a strong position on day one slip and batted woefully. 

AS I said in a previous post, playing on a wicket that was already 3 days old didn't help, but we desperately need to find a spinner of quality from somewhere, especially if Van Buuren's situation is going to take time to resolve.

• Like 1

I know there is a Test Match tomorrow, but it seems to me that who ever is responsible for the fixture list needs to explain why there was no cricket scheduled yesterday. 

It just seems that the BH Monday at the end of May is an opportunity missed when it comes to the finances of County Cricket.