IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Still on the subject of players called up by the ECB, whilst I am not surprised he was not called up (given his unfortunate previous appearance), in normal circumstances James Bracey, currently 83NO for Glos, should have been called up.

As it stands, he could well be instrumental in Glos winning their game against against Middlesex and threatenting Somerset's position - I know Glos and Hants play each their in the last round of matches.

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Still on the subject of players called up by the ECB, whilst I am not surprised he was not called up (given his unfortunate previous appearance), in normal circumstances James Bracey, currently 83NO for Glos, should have been called up.

As it stands, he could well be instrumental in Glos winning their game against against Middlesex and threatenting Somerset's position - I know Glos and Hants play each their in the last round of matches.

Why has Bracey not played more list A for Glos? Only 9 games and has passed 50 in 5

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

With the greatest respect, you clearly don’t watch Glos very often if you think Bracey should be in this latest England squad. His confidence is shot, IMO, although I hope today’s knock does him the world of good. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

I'd declare and get into them when play resumes, they won't get 345..  chances are they won't get 145 

Why have they not declared already? Leaving themselves 2 sessions to bowl them out?

52 minutes ago, Midred said:

Draws all round today?

Would be nice, but I fear that Surrey are destined to lose some time later today, despite racing to 73/5 with Hashim Asla still there on 22 (off 159 balls), and Gloucestershire will surely beat Middlesex later today/tomorrow.

Draws all round in the final round of matches would be most welcome, though, although most important is that Somerset don't lose (against Surrey) with Glos and Hants playing each other. 

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

22 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Why has Bracey not played more list A for Glos? Only 9 games and has passed 50 in 5

I would think this was because he was called up to the England squad at the beginning of the  delayed 2020 season and had to remain in the England bubble at both Southampton and Manchester, effectively missing all of last season's domestic cricket. He also seemed to get noticed by the England selectors really quickly after his Glos breakthrough, lets hope that eventually pays off for all concerned.

On another Gloucestershire/England related issue, big congratulation to David Payne on his call up to the England ODI squad, albeit under unusual circumstances.  Now he is a player who has done the hard yards around the county circuit, and hoping he fares better than JB if called up.

• Like 2

Not looking good.

Assuming Glos beat Middlesex, that would leave Hants needing to beat Glos in the last game to finish (hopefully) second - we don't really want Glos to go through due to their superior points against Somerset.

Match Drawn - Amla 37 from 278 balls!

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Not looking good.

Assuming Glos beat Middlesex, that would leave Hants needing to beat Glos in the last game to finish (hopefully) second - we don't really want Glos to go through due to their superior points against Somerset.

Match Drawn - Amla 37 from 278 balls!

Au contraire, Blackadder !

• Haha 1