IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

As I've said before some of you (not all) ought to look at some of the stuff written by your lot over the years. (BTW, I've always wondered why you just don't call it the Somerset County Cricket thread  and be done with it?)

Oh, and it weren't me commenting, to be honest I've never been on that site.....didn't even know one existed !:laughcont:

Most on here seem to be somerset supporters so i guess they will get discussed more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

Be nice if Byrom & Bartlett find some form during this comp.  Mad to think Leach is playing thou! 

I do feel a little bad for Byrom, was initially picked up by the Manchester team for the 16.4 and then ditched in favour of Lammonby essentially. Won't be a big earner from his county contract probably so the hundred dollar probably would have been useful for him.

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Who is playing?

County Select XI

• Haseeb Hameed
  • Jake Libby
  • Rob Yates
  • Washington Sundar
  • Will Rhodes(c)
  • Lyndon James
  • James Rew(wk)
  • Liam Patterson-White
  • Jack Carson
  • Craig Miles
  • Avesh Khan

India

• Rohit Sharma(c)
  • Mayank Agarwal
  • Cheteshwar Pujara
  • Hanuma Vihari
  • KL Rahul(wk)
  • Ravindra Jadeja
  • Axar Patel
  • Shardul Thakur
  • Umesh Yadav
  • Jasprit Bumrah
  • Mohammed Siraj
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Glamorgan struggling against Welsh Counties.  Can they just be demoted into a minor county

I remember Graham Gooch called us Minor Counties (West), until we abslutely thrashed them in the 50 (maybe 55) limited overs knockout game at Arch deacon Meadows !

He took some stick that day !

On the other hand, I remember us getting knocked out at Bristol by Combined Universities under the captaincy of one M Atherton !

I was just peeping to see if anyone has started a 100 thread, thankfully no.

I did have a quick look and had a laugh when they said it’s a simplified form of cricket so young people can understand, the next 5 minutes of commentary none of them seemed to have a clue what was happening…..including me

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Oh yeah! The graphics are going the way of American football.

What will be next -  touch downs instead of trys in rugby?

We had a discussion last week on the forum about colourblind friendly sport. This. This is really, really not it. In fact it's possibly the best way to make a TV show about as unwelcoming to the colourblind as you can. As if this Hundred muck couldn't get any worse.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Oh yeah! The graphics are going the way of American football.

What will be next -  touch downs instead of trys in rugby?

And here's Benny Stokes, from the locker-room end, steaming towards the creaseline for the 3rd chuck of his first five, Joey Root swings his hitboard...and MISSES! It goes past him and backstop Buttler slam-dunks the ball into the gate, sending the sticks flying. Joey's out of his area, the referee flags and, gee-whillikers, Joey-boy is sent off, with only 7 in-betweens to his name. York-Shire Pigiron are up against the wall now with 3 down to 24 in-betweens. And now a word from our sponsors.  

Nuts

(Honestly, the sponsors are nuts)

• Haha 2