IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Just now, TomF said:

Tom Abell. Proper cricketer. Did he give them a chance? 

He’s already taken over from Hildreth as the best batsman not to have played for England.

Been unlucky with injuries just at the wrong time plus he often hits form just as the crap schedule offers no cricket.

Classy player

Fantastic!

I don't know why I feel the need to post this now and if anyone cares, but...

I lost a good friend three weeks ago David Villis who was the biggest Somerset supporter you will ever come across. His knowledge was encyclopedic on all things 'Set.

Me and my missus were with him last at the County Ground watching Somerset v Glos with Jack Leach's Dad (and dog!) 

Such a lovely bloke and watching the cricket will never be the same without him.

Rest in peace, Dave 

And as he would say: Up the 'Set!

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There is something very special happening at Somerset right now. The next few years are going to be good ones I think.

And what an absolute cracking night in front of a full house.

To think we’ve not had any cricket for weeks at Taunton this summer holiday is just criminal 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Has anyone any idea of the future set up of the  cricket seasons now?

The idea that they cram a load of county games into April and May followed by a few weeks break for one day games then back to county cricket then 6 weeks off to cram the 100 plus Royal London plus T20 and finally back to county games in September is just crazy. Have they used the experience of last year to extend the season.

I know that years ago we'd have 3 rather than 4 day games plus 3 other limited over competitions but they all seemed to slot in together with maybe the odd week off for the limited over games but the overall season seemed to flow a lot better.

23 hours ago, Midred said:

Has anyone any idea of the future set up of the  cricket seasons now?

The idea that they cram a load of county games into April and May followed by a few weeks break for one day games then back to county cricket then 6 weeks off to cram the 100 plus Royal London plus T20 and finally back to county games in September is just crazy. Have they used the experience of last year to extend the season.

I know that years ago we'd have 3 rather than 4 day games plus 3 other limited over competitions but they all seemed to slot in together with maybe the odd week off for the limited over games but the overall season seemed to flow a lot better.

I think it’s all still to be decided this winter. 
I have a feeling there will be a 100 franchise team in the south west after all the stick they’ve had for ignoring us this season, which will be annoying.

But besides that probably similar to this season, though could be some tweaking with the championship, we’ve still to see how this season plays out yet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Probably hardest draw, Hants have won last 5 games I think.  

We beat them at Taunton but got stuffed at Southampton, 100 all out. All be it with a very different side that will play in the semi final. 
I booked my train early to QPR away, thinking we had no chance of finals day