IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

I e been at QPR today so haven’t been on here but that was fun reading through the semi final posts . 
i did manage to watch or listen to nearly all of our matches, incredible semi, to be honest I never expected us to get out of our group, to win our quarter final or semi final, so yet another bridesmaid moment doesn’t feel too bad this time.

How many runners up’s have we had this century so far! 

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Hard luck ZZ. 

Saw a couple of highlights on the BBC, that 6 being given was bollocks wasn’t it?

Yep was rule wasn’t interpreted properly, as annoyed as I would be as an opposing fan I think it’s harsh to lay too much blame on the umpires as they’d have been searching for the rule book and making a quick decision. Wonder if umpires may get an ‘obscure rules’ quiz soon 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Glos have Durham 118-6 with four wickets falling to left arm spin on day one. It can be often that happens, certainly for Gloucestershire home for old seamers.

Nine wickets have fallen to left-arm spin in the first two sessions so far today. Looks like a Bunsen burner.

On another note, I hope we snap up Gohar for next year. He's exactly the type of spinner we've been crying out for. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It used to be the case that they'd automatically get involved if more than 15 wickets went on the first day.

Indeed, but I have not seen it mentioned that they are involved in this match.

To be fair, the match report indicates a mixture of good, accurate seam bowling and clueless, guileless batting.