IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

It’s possible with the weather - pitch will surely be getting flatter. Need a couple of big partnerships but you never know 

Very true, and lets hope, but it's the Shire so ... 

Bit premature IMO

On 06/06/2015 at 10:48, Ian M said:

The more pertinent point might be how have we been allowed to be top of the table? We should be nearer the bottom.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Very true, and lets hope, but it's the Shire so ... 

Bit premature IMO

As I said in a previous post it seems to be a different pitch when the sun shines. I would have felt a lot happier if Harris was still at the wicket but the first hour could make or break us. 

Not sure how Bracey's form could swing through such extremes? Was his head at the Mem?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

As I said in a previous post it seems to be a different pitch when the sun shines. I would have felt a lot happier if Harris was still at the wicket but the first hour could make or break us. 

Not sure how Bracey's form could swing through such extremes? Was his head at the Mem?

Get out quick and drive to see the boyzz ! ?

Not doing too bad, ATM..........steady as she goes .:fingerscrossed:

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Hmmm 1

45 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Get out quick and drive to see the boyzz ! ?

Not doing too bad, ATM..........steady as she goes .:fingerscrossed:

Now the key moment is going to be the new ball mid afternoon. I would like to see these two try to get the required rate down to around 2 an over before then.

26 minutes ago, tin said:

Hants are massive favs to wrap up victory. Hammond needed to go on and get a ton and it’s all on our last recognised pair of batsmen (Higgins and Lace) now. The tail is long. 

Especially when they get decisions like Goodman's, he didn't get his bat in place until the ball passed the stumps and was given out caught behind.

• Like 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I saw this on the SCCC site earlier, but can't for the life of me work out the meaning of two E-mojis.

An aeroplane and an apple.

Can anybody on here enlighten me?

Thanks in advance. 

Go well

let the neighbours know who’s boss, big win incoming a✈️ ?

I'm baffled too - I have messaged him to ask lol

48 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

On another note, James Bracey has been out of touch the last few games.

Is this the match he refinds his form?

No. This is the match Somerset cruise to victory in.

Awful decision to bowl first today and I’ve got no idea what that was based on. We had barely any rain yesterday as the speed of the outfield shows. That said, our lengths have been way off so far. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin

Who would have thought

Somerset 10/0May 12th, 11:15

Early signs here detect a slow pitch with not too much on offer for the bowlers, with Chappell and Higgins settling in with the new ball. Matt Renshaw has played one rather flashy drive that scewed away past backward point for four.

3 hours ago, tin said:

Probably because we’ve got no batting.

I think so. I said before that it's such a defeatist thing to do. You are basically saying that you can only take wickets if the morning conditions are favourable, or that you don't trust the batters to set a total. Either way, you are giving a psychological advantage to your opponent.

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think so. I said before that it's such a defeatist thing to do. You are basically saying that you can only take wickets if the morning conditions are favourable, or that you don't trust the batters to set a total. Either way, you are giving a psychological advantage to your opponent.

I can understand bowling first if, like last season, we’re a better chasing side. That’s how we won most of our games last year. But with the injuries we’ve got, it seems all about taking as many bonus points we can get at the moment and trying to grind out draws. 

It’s like playing league cricket in the summer holidays, when parents or kids leave your side short, so you get ringers in, bowl first and hope for the best.

This is Harris’s last game for a while as well, so our batting will be weaker still after this game. He and Bracey need to stand up. Bethell’s a prospect, though. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ton Abell just dropped by Hammond at second slip; a regulation catch in to his hands then out again.

Abell had already started walking, when he must have heard the groans and returned to the crease.

Hammond’s a terrible slip