IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

I’ve been keeping an eye on Rew for a while now, he doesn’t really look like a modern day cricketer, quite a small lad though it looks like he’s got bigger and aged quite a bit even this summer looking at todays pics.

But my god he’s a stylish player with both bat and gloves. Had some great knocks for England u19s and the two’s.

Today could mark the beginning of the end of Steve Davis and we have a very promising cricketer to take over.

Also well done to Cornwalls finest Lewis Goldsworthy, another stylish batter that isn’t of  big sporting stature but got the talent to make it to the top. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on Rew for a while now, he doesn’t really look like a modern day cricketer, quite a small lad though it looks like he’s got bigger and aged quite a bit even this summer looking at todays pics.

But my god he’s a stylish player with both bat and gloves. Had some great knocks for England u19s and the two’s.

Today could mark the beginning of the end of Steve Davis and we have a very promising cricketer to take over.

Also well done to Cornwalls finest Lewis Goldsworthy, another stylish batter that isn’t of  big sporting stature but got the talent to make it to the top. 

I haven't seen him before although I did see he was a lefty. Is there a batsmen he reminds you of at all? Another Tres would be nice! :laugh:

16 minutes ago, Super said:

I haven't seen him before although I did see he was a lefty. Is there a batsmen he reminds you of at all? Another Tres would be nice! :laugh:

Good question, not another Tres as far as style goes, he had a very unique style and to compare him at this stage would be unfair and untrue.

oddly enough, or maybe not oddly as they’re team mates but I’d say he’s got some very similar looking strokes to his fellow ‘keeper Steve Davies. And that’s a fine compliment as Davo was a very useful and stylish left hander at his peak, plus it shows I’m not raising my expectations too high too soon but……..

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

Feels like we’ve got the nucleus of a decent middle order. If we could just find a pair of decent openers.. 

yeah, it might be my imagination but there doesn’t seem to be as many decent openers around as there used to be. As England will testify. 

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Decent total in the end, hopefully enough to at least ensure we can't lose it from here. 

If they bat all day tomorrow they will have somewhere near a 100 lead. Still could be a nervy 4th day.