IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

10 minutes ago, Midred said:

Why "ferret"?

Not sure where and why it started but I know he’s been called BrooksyFerret on his Instagram for years.

As I’m writing this they’re mentioning him by the Ferret nickname on the live stream

Edited by ralphindevon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Things you don't see very often 

I saw this earlier, especially how happy Tom Banton looked.

I also read how he spent a long time signing autographs for the numerous schoolchildren present today.

Surely, that doesn't look or sound like a young man who wants to leave, and to Warwickshire?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I saw this earlier, especially how happy Tom Banton looked.

I also read how he spent a long time signing autographs for the numerous schoolchildren present today.

Surely, that doesn't look or sound like a young man who wants to leave, and to Warwickshire?

I have no idea if there’s any truth in it but the last part one doesn’t mean the other isn’t true, don’t think anyone disputes Banton being a nice guy and therefore would sign lots etc but could just be a case of wanting something different at the end of his contract and still very happy where he is until then 

Edited by Lrrr

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Declare overnight hopefully.

I reckon they’ll bat for 4 or 5 overs, 1, so George can get his ton. 2, it pisses off the opposition who instead of preparing to bat, then go and bat, have to go and field for an unknown time then a quick changeover. 3, we beat Yorkshire once chasing a huge total, they’d like revenge so make sure we’ve got enough.

But I’d suggest no longer than 5 overs.

If anyone missed it Banton said on the live stream that he’s a one club man. He was surprised when signing autographs that everyone was asking him if he’s staying.

Looking forward to an interesting and hopefully successful day at Taunton tomorrow. A win would be a massive step, in points and confidence going forward, to extending our record stay in the top flight.

19 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I have no idea if there’s any truth in it but the last part one doesn’t mean the other isn’t true, don’t think anyone disputes Banton being a nice guy and therefore would sign lots etc but could just be a case of wanting something different at the end of his contract and still very happy where he is until then 

Of course, although it would seem academic now as he suggested in one of his commentary sessions that he would be staying - ´Im a one club man’.

I really hope so, as he does seem to be a nice young man and, of course, is a very good one day batsman.

In addition, I think it is admirable that he has turned his back on the lucrative overseas thrashes to concentrate and try and improve his First Class game.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If I heard correctly, he is also playing occasionally for Devon Dumplings!

I think that might have been Harry Everett, the commentator. Unless it was a charity match I don’t think he’d be playing that far down the pyramid. Might be wrong as I didn’t hear it all. 

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think that might have been Harry Everett, the commentator. Unless it was a charity match I don’t think he’d be playing that far down the pyramid. Might be wrong as I didn’t hear it all. 

Ah, you may be correct.

He was chatting with the female commentator, and I wasn’t really paying attention as I was writing something and only listening in the background.

Who is she, by the way.

Knowledgeable and seems good fun.

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ah, you may be correct.

He was chatting with the female commentator, and I wasn’t really paying attention as I was writing something and only listening in the background.

Who is she, by the way.

Knowledgeable and seems good fun.

Sophie Luff. A very good cricketer for Western Storm. Scored a century at the weekend. Also captain of one of the 100 teams, the Welsh team last season but moved to London for this.

1 minute ago, TomF said:

I would rather be out of the relegation zone before we get to back end of season with weather likely to play a part. That said looks like they might have rain up there in morning so a slightly reduced day would help. 

Yes, one more round next week, where everyone plays I think so we’ll still have that game in hand. Then no more red ball until September, so an agonising wait.

It’s a shame there’s a break as think we’re playing some very decent cricket atm.

No guarantee in place yet that ECB will continue to give counties £1.3m every year on the announcement of the new 4 year deal, however the ECB needs permission from the counties for any competitions they're not involved with. No £1.3m payment? The counties could stop the hundred.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/countycricket/future_counties_1.3million_hundred_payments_unclear_despite_announcement_broadcast_deal_ecb.html