IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

56 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I reckon it was a good toss to win, Harmer is going to make hay in our second innings, if not first.

Probably not one of the remaining games we expected to win so not vital, just bloody annoying that we can’t get the better of them……again

Not over yet, but I agree: what an important toss.

I’m always nervous at Chelmsford that a bit of the pitch will all of a sudden break up and deteriorate and Harmer will take 17 wickets. Well batted so far though and I’d certainly take 14/15 points for a draw.

To be fair to Harmer, he spoke out in favour of county cricket, criticising the plans to reduce games and counties. So he’s not all bad.

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m always nervous at Chelmsford that a bit of the pitch will all of a sudden break up and deteriorate and Harmer will take 17 wickets. Well batted so far though and I’d certainly take 14/15 points for a draw.

To be fair to Harmer, he spoke out in favour of county cricket, criticising the plans to reduce games and counties. So he’s not all bad.

Did he demand some new pitches at Chelmsford? 

1 minute ago, Midred said:

Did he demand some new pitches at Chelmsford? 

No, he’s quite happy with the old ones, in fact he’d like to keep them exactly as they are with no work done on them for the next few years………of course with no chance of any punishment from the ECB

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Somerset will need to bat extremely well to get 15 points for a draw ?.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Somerset will need to bat extremely well to get 15 points for a draw ?.

Ha, yeah good job I’m not an official scorer. ?

change that to 13/14 points. It’ll almost certainly be one of those if we draw, anything less than that would be very difficult to avoid defeat. 

32 minutes ago, TomF said:

Done his hamstring ?

Going for what, in the circumstances, was an unnecessary second run.

To make things potentially worse, Graham Bartlett has just been given out, although for what remains to be seen: he was going for a (probably unneccessary, in the circumstances) reverse sweep, he didn't touch the ball with his bat (it came off his pad) and it didn't seem LBW to me.

Oh, and the successful bowler, leading the appeals, was your favourite!