IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

59 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Anyone recommend a forum that represents a decent sporting team? Could do with some cheer! 

**** you! This isn't a Somerset exclusive forum, it's a discussion about County cricket. This season has been a bit of shit show for Glos, so if (and it's a pretty big if) we can get a result today, that would at least five some of us something to cheer about.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

**** you! This isn't a Somerset exclusive forum, it's a discussion about County cricket. This season has been a bit of shit show for Glos, so if (and it's a pretty big if) we can get a result today, that would at least five some of us something to cheer about.

Yeah, whoever wins today, your “This season has been a bit of a shit show for Glos” comment hasn’t really persuaded me this is the forum for sporting brilliance.

But we love it all the same

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Royal London Cup. Greatest Cup competition in the world. In any sport. ? 

Agreed, and as Somerset were the last team to win it as a 1st team comp at Lords its only fair we give our neighbours a chance in the downgraded version.

Well played Glos, i think that last over that went for 23 showed they could have won even more comfortably.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I went today and enjoyed it despite being a Somerset fan. Amazing weather and some lovely cider. Only downside was sexist Glos fans behind me laughing and celebrating England womens losses in cricket simply  because it was the womens team. In particular, my mates daughter was not impressed. 

The same group with a gas flag and trying to sing football songs? I heard them on the stream and thought they sounded like a bunch of *****. I wish the gasheads would stop treating Glos as an extension of their football team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The same group with a gas flag and trying to sing football songs? I heard them on the stream and thought they sounded like a bunch of *****. I wish the gasheads would stop treating Glos as an extension of their football team.

No it wasn’t them. We were sat in the stand under the flats. Nice to know there was more than one group of knobs!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I went today and enjoyed it despite being a Somerset fan. Amazing weather and some lovely cider. Only downside was sexist Glos fans behind me laughing and celebrating England womens losses in cricket simply  because it was the womens team. In particular, my mates daughter was not impressed. 

Are you actually saying it's ONLY Glos fans that are sexist ?

Great day at the cricket, would have been one of the all time great escapes.

The crowd wasn’t huge, probably because of the heat and lack of shade, especially up until 2pm after which there’s plenty but before that a lot of older people were really struggling. But some of the absentees will be down to the fact it’s mainly 2nd eleven cricket, with a few has beens.

With a full strength squad available, it would probably only be Ben Green who played today that would play.

Of course it is great seeing young players like Sonny Baker do well, but they’ll always get a chance through injuries and England call ups, it would be so nice having a full squad 50 over tournament with a Lords final, doubt we’ll ever see it again though.

• Like 1