IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Maybe time for another retirement announcement.

Great player in his day but sadly that day for Steve Davies is behind him now. I can’t believe how overweight he is this season and like Hildreth he regularly struggles against decent bowling

We have Rew and Banton who are decent young keeper batters, I think there’s another youngun who keeps too. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Presumably, as a 6 off the last ball would have won it for them, that must have been the highest chasing total as well?

Terrific day for fans of good batting then.

Absolutely, not helped by a penultimate " no ball" from young Tom Price (with all that entails ).

Apparently, it was Durhams highest score as well !

• Thanks 1

When you’ve got 2 centurions in a 50 over game you’ve got to be looking to capitalise on that and get over 350. Having said that it’s such a ridiculously young side it would be cruel to criticise too much.

Typical Somerset to get right back in it only for one bad ball when the ball slipped out of Bakers hand to end up costing us 9 runs and the match.

Thats 5 defeats on the trot in 50 over along with the last 3 last season and it’s 8 in a row. 

Lost the game by not making the most of the position they were in going in to the last ten overs.

Really proud of them today though to be honest, there are players playing in that team that wouldn’t make it in to a second eleven in white ball cricket if they had everyone available.

I’d be really surprised if the team today isn’t the youngest they’ve ever put out to be honest.

53 minutes ago, TomF said:

Rain at Surrey, currently behind on the DLS by 40 odd runs. Triffic. 

Heavy rain was forecast ‘imminently’, so I’m a bit surprised they didn’t adjust their bootlaces etc. in the hope that the rain might arrive before 10 overs were completed, thus producing a ‘No Result’ and our first point.

I suppose realistically, however, the umpires would have made every effort (quite rightly) to ensure they at least got to 10 overs.