IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin

I'd forgotten what a depressing place the Gloucestershire ground was, after freezing my balls off against Essex on Friday we'd hoped for warmer times but this place was freezing too. 

Wicket was slow, outfield had as much pace as a snail, no wonder the home support was so small 

Sadly Tim G bowling at the end cost us ultimately, but I guess we've done our bit to help our inferior neighbours. 

On to another tough game at Radlett on Wednesday 

Was a good job we beat Essex on Friday otherwise this would have been a shocking weekend for sport 

FB_IMG_1556538397852.jpg

• Admin
55 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Glamorgan showing Somerset how to bat in Bristol, I see

203-3 with 13 overs left

As usual Gastershire have used a better wicket against the Welsh, shame they never have the bottle to play Somerset on a fast wicket :sub:

Hales seems genuinely annoyed to be withdrawn from the England squad after his latest drug test result was made public, what did he honestly expect? Yes it's fine to stagger about off your tits on Coke or Crack or whatever you use on a night out, because you've got the world record... 

• Admin
37 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Hales seems genuinely annoyed to be withdrawn from the England squad after his latest drug test result was made public, what did he honestly expect? Yes it's fine to stagger about off your tits on Coke or Crack or whatever you use on a night out, because you've got the world record... 

Am I correct in saying it happened a few months back? 

Read to me like the ECB had agreed to let him off but the press got hold of it so forced a reaction from the ECB 

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am I correct in saying it happened a few months back? 

Read to me like the ECB had agreed to let him off but the press got hold of it so forced a reaction from the ECB 

If that's the case Phants, it doesn't say a lot for the ECB Does it... 

You couldn't keep Hales in the England squad, essentially it would be the ECB condoning recreational drug use when the England players are role models for so many kids. BBC reporting apparently it happened last year, but Hales was given assurances that his compliance would not cost him his world cup place.

the ECB "insisted on Alex taking certain rehabilitation measures following his suspension" and that, "at every stage, Alex fulfilled his obligations and both he and his representatives were given assurances that any suspension - again under the ECB's guidelines - could not affect his selection for the World Cup"

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Out on the edge j24 of M25 - where Middlesex train. Arsenal’s training ground is around that way too 

Thanks. Looking like a batting friendly wicket guessing short boundaries too.

Sounds like Hales has lot some friends!

A "complete breakdown in trust" led to Alex Hales being left out of England's World Cup squad, a decision that was endorsed by senior players, according to captain Eoin Morgan.

Hales was withdrawn after an "off-field incident", reportedly a positive test for recreational drugs.

"Everybody in a senior players' meeting agreed that the best decision was for Alex to be deselected," said Morgan.

"We believe it is the right call, made considering everyone in the squad."

9 hours ago, Super said:

Sounds like Hales has lot some friends!

A "complete breakdown in trust" led to Alex Hales being left out of England's World Cup squad, a decision that was endorsed by senior players, according to captain Eoin Morgan.

Hales was withdrawn after an "off-field incident", reportedly a positive test for recreational drugs.

"Everybody in a senior players' meeting agreed that the best decision was for Alex to be deselected," said Morgan.

"We believe it is the right call, made considering everyone in the squad."

And yet Giles has said he was only de-selected because the report became public, so it implies his team mates didn't know anything. Should help the levels of trust in the squad generally.....

• Admin
10 hours ago, hodge said:

And yet Giles has said he was only de-selected because the report became public, so it implies his team mates didn't know anything. Should help the levels of trust in the squad generally.....

It makes me wonder what else this three man committee are keeping back from the rest of the squad