IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin
2 hours ago, TomF said:

Don’t think so, not if Leach plays more for England he will be required during August for example. Guess we’ll see 

Don't personally think he has pushed on enough since he played for England, not really doing it at any level at the moment - will be interesting to see how he gets on up there

Just noticed two of the officials at England Vs Pakistan this afternoon, Rob Robinson and Richard Richardson ?

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Don't personally think he has pushed on enough since he played for England, not really doing it at any level at the moment - will be interesting to see how he gets on up there

Just noticed two of the officials at England Vs Pakistan this afternoon, Rob Robinson and Richard Richardson ?

I don't think the selectors can ignore him, he's not done much wrong for England and has been nothing short of brilliant when he's played for Somerset.

Just had the one bowl this season, on an early season wicket and took 6 for 36.

I would have played him in the one day cup, spinners at other counties are returning economical figures and he's up there with the best.

• Admin
11 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I don't think the selectors can ignore him, he's not done much wrong for England and has been nothing short of brilliant when he's played for Somerset.

Just had the one bowl this season, on an early season wicket and took 6 for 36.

I would have played him in the one day cup, spinners at other counties are returning economical figures and he's up there with the best.

I'll be very surprised if he ever plays for Somerset again- he's not a happy bunny about his lack of opportunities at Taunton

10 hours ago, phantom said:

I'll be very surprised if he ever plays for Somerset again- he's not a happy bunny about his lack of opportunities at Taunton

He'll play later this summer, whether he signs a new contract (not sure when his current one ends) is another question.

• Admin
14 hours ago, hodge said:

He'll play later this summer, whether he signs a new contract (not sure when his current one ends) is another question.

On 09/05/2019 at 09:45, phantom said:

Could be sooner than we thought, he's in the 14 man squad today

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Special talent is Banton

Another one from the King's College Taunton cricket factory. They've developed a fantastic cricket Centre of Excellence in the past few years and its output has done a lot for Somerset CCC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomF said:

Staggers me that the IPL gets billing over the domestic game.  Who the **** wants to listen to the IPL on the radio, seriously? 

Also, commentary was due to start at 10:45, turned it on only to hear some people waffling on about practise for racing cars which went on till 11:30.

They weren`t even racing just driving round and round FFS.