IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Kent v Essex is a big one too.

If that's an Essex win and rain has currently stopped play at Kent then what with bonus points m that gap falls by 10 or 11 pts as I didn't realise it is 8 for a draw these days. Whereas if it's a draw at each, a few points but no great difference.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

All this maybe in vain anyway. 

From what I've seen of the Strauss report, there'll be a top division of 6 next season with 2 feeder divisions of 6 below. 

If that's the case we're pretty much stuck outside tge top 6 so it won't make any difference where we finish after that. 

And with just the top 2 teams from the feeder divisions playing off for promotion it'll be hard to get back in the top flight. 

4 hours ago, Dogbert said:

Nice of Glos to continue batting and take a few more overs out of the day, they do seem to want to help us get the draw.

4 hours ago, Super said:

No idea why they are still batting

4 hours ago, Super said:

Are they worried about us chasing down 350?!!

3 hours ago, Super said:

Complete waste of 25 mins.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Hello rain....

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Lots of rain on the radar, looks difficult to see Glos getting a result from here.. 

There only seems to be one reason for this level of inept captaincy, I can see the Somerset Twitter now ..... #announcevan-buuren . ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There only seems to be one reason for this level of inept captaincy, I can see the Somerset Twitter now ..... #announcevan-buuren . ?

Prob didn't make much difference anyway given the weather but was still odd.

Well the table certainly looks better for Somerset than some of us were imagining a couple days ago.

We are realistically 7th. Avoid defeat in our 2 away games and win our home game and we’ll avoid relegation……….if relegation is what’s on offer. Up our game and win a couple and, the what could be magical, 6th place isn’t out of the question.

All this would involve a big improvement but with Overton back and the bad performance behind us, we are capable of much better

I'm on holiday so only picking bits up now and again.

Last night they were saying Lewis Gregory had injured his knee and maybe wouldn't bat, today he's been bowling. 

I saw the last 10 overs of our innings and thought Sajid batted well, hopefully he can pick up a string of wickets now and stop them getting a lead.

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Batting to safety should be priority.  If we manage to put 100ish on last session we'll be set up nicely tomorrow.  Certainly better outlook than end of day 2

Yes I was thinking 100 or thereabouts in the final session would be nice.

As you say, safety, making sure we don’t lose is priority. But mentally, batting on day 4 isn’t always easy and Warwickshire haven’t been in much form this season. Looking not bad at all at tea.