IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Loathe as I am to defend them, the structure of the season was in place before the Ashes so there wasn't a lot they could do to react immediately to what happened. They have added a couple of rounds of Championship in June and July so there are 5 instead of 3 which is something at least.

It sounds like the more radical changes will come in 2023 once they've had a chance to review everything and talk to the relevant parties. Although what that'll result in is anyone's guess.

While I welcome the two extra Championship games in June and July, it's surely not difficult to swap August's white-ball schedule for September's red-ball conclusion? I'd imagine that's pretty easy to do, especially as the South Africa Test series doesn't start until late August which in itself is a joke. 

I was looking forward to a potential summer trip to Old Trafford to watch The Shire or a trip to Scarborough. I'll have to settle for us lifting the title at Headingley at the end of September instead. 

Just now, tin said:

While I welcome the two extra Championship games in June and July, it's surely not difficult to swap August's white-ball schedule for September's red-ball conclusion? I'd imagine that's pretty easy to do, especially as the South Africa Test series doesn't start until late August which in itself is a joke. 

The 50 over competition is designed to run at the same time as the Hundred, so no chance of that.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Am I missing something? 3 overseas players??

Who's the 3rd?

edit Ah ok  it's MDL.

I'm guessing you can only play 2 in a game?

Edited by Super

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Who's the 3rd?

edit Ah ok  it's MDL.

I'm guessing you can only play 2 in a game?

Which is ok if MDL and Siddle rotate, though a bit strange if you’re paying big bucks for an overseas player. But what if Overton gets called up, Gregory gets injured? You’d have to drop Renshaw.

I would love to hear the clubs thinking on this.

• Admin
43 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Which is ok if MDL and Siddle rotate, though a bit strange if you’re paying big bucks for an overseas player. But what if Overton gets called up, Gregory gets injured? You’d have to drop Renshaw.

I would love to hear the clubs thinking on this.

Maybe we’ve realised MDL is toilet and sending him packing 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Maybe we’ve realised MDL is toilet and sending him packing 

I think he’s on a two year deal and he was in video Jack Brooks posted from training but maybe someone else wants him.

He had some good moments in the T20, in the championship he seemed to improve the first few games but then became inconsistent.

I can’t see Siddle bowling loads in every game at his age so I guess they’ll probably keep both.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think he’s on a two year deal and he was in video Jack Brooks posted from training but maybe someone else wants him.

He had some good moments in the T20, in the championship he seemed to improve the first few games but then became inconsistent.

I can’t see Siddle bowling loads in every game at his age so I guess they’ll probably keep both.

Isn't MDL a Kolpak player or doesn't that factor? 

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

MDL is one of those players that no matter what they do I will always detest, his bowling last season was often so erratic and costly and the number of times I would shake my head at one of his deliveries lol

PS Yes he did sign a two year deal with us

• Like 1

Just for @TomF 😂

Sky Sports will show every game of The Hundred live this summer, starting with the opening match on Wednesday August 3 between defending men's champions Southern Brave and Welsh Fire at The Ageas Bowl.

On 27/01/2022 at 11:31, Super said:

Just for @TomF 😂

Sky Sports will show every game of The Hundred live this summer, starting with the opening match on Wednesday August 3 between defending men's champions Southern Brave and Welsh Fire at The Ageas Bowl.

I thought the whole point of the competition was to have it on a FTA channel like the BBC? That didn't last then.

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought the whole point of the competition was to have it on a FTA channel like the BBC? That didn't last then.

I honestly don't know the answer but how many games were shown live last season? 

I wonder if both broadcasters are covering the games? 

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That might just be SKY. Hopefully BBC will show games again as well.