IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

what did he say fordy?

don't get me wrong, it wasn't that bad... But in not a fan and I thought it a bit distasteful to be interviewed in the break...

Hat-trick hero Jade Dernbach on Sky Sports: "It's an amazing feeling to be able to contribute to what was an outstanding bowling performance, it was about time I contributed. Come mid-September you're probably looking at the pitch and saying it is the most helpful time to bowl. I've worked at my new ball bowling and luckily it came off. 

"You get a gut feel, it's not often it comes off but today was my day. Perhaps people were waiting for variations but I wanted to get my stock ball right. It's only half a job though so hopefully the batsmen go out and knock those off."

Not a great surprise but Alfonso Thomas is leaving Somerset. Clearly fell out with Maynard earlier in season I sense but sadly a shadow of his formerself in the one day stuff 

Best decision in years to release him, to go at over 11 an over in T20 and expensive in 50 over cricket as well is unacceptable really and to be given max overs most of the time, it was beyond time. Great player over the years though.

• Like 1

Was up there Saturday, great final, great day...5.30am getting up time was worth it! Well and truly. Great way for GoJo to sign off, great that Klinger is staying and I honestly feared the worst at 220, I mean wow never say die by Gloucs but one of the great turnarounds that! Fans made a great din I must say, great support throughout.

• Like 1