IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

So Hampshire in final. Second only to Surrey in the hatred stakes. I guess the pitch at Lords will more suit us than the turning stuff they tend to enjoy at the shit bowl.  Mind you they stuffed us at Taunton. Time for revenge. 

We were truly awful that day though, surely we can`t play that badly again.

5 hours ago, Ecko said:

Anyone off to watch England tomorrow? Any idea what the attendance will be?

Yes, ordered my ticket on Saturday after taking a weather check and watching a good deal of the game at Southampton.  Quite a few of the stands have sold out, but there are still a few pockets of seats available, so I would imagine that some would be available on the day, probably best to phone up the club or get there early, gates open at 11.00am.  I have got myself a seat in the back row of the no-alcohol stand (by choice as I won't be drinking and am happy to watch over-the-top Mexican Waves and beer snake constructions from a safe distance)  in front of the flats.  Really looking forward to it.

I think, with the additional stands, there is a capacity of around 14,000 - 15,000.  Looking at the Glos site, I think they had a bigger capacity for the England v India T20 last season, but that was played in July, with the season in full swing,  and sold out before Xmas, but that game was on a Sunday afternoon.  When I originally saw this one was mid-May when it is usually cold and damp, thought I would leave it until nearer the time!

Always a good crowd for Internationals at Bristol, Im sure better than most games certainly at Cardiff and possibly other Test Match grounds too. Probably not a story many in the cricket world want to dwell on too much.

Or am I wrong?

Edited by cidercity1987