IGNORED

The Ashes

bs3

I know this is not football related but there is nothing football related to chat about(having an argument about how many was going to Portugal you know it is really the silly season.)

Anyhow how to people feel we will get on in the Ashes, there have been talk of an Aussie whitewash but our early season form has been encouraging. I definitely think we will win at least one test and if its the first test we win in Cardiff I can see momentum building.

I'm off to Cardiff on the Saturday I'm sure they will be a large contingent from Bristol wether they are Gloucestershire or Somerset supporters I don't want to open that can of worms again.

Anyway here's looking forward to an exciting summer of cricket.

I think there's no doubt the Assies are a better side than the one that beat us 0-5 last time, it's down to what we do in sessions, when we're on top.

Whatever, should be great...

That's the scary thing! We are better too though, hopefully Jimmy can get it swinging like the 60s, crowd get under Mitch's skin....should be a belter of a series

I think the Aussies will win but I expect England to compete quite well. It'll be interesting to see how the Aussie batsmen get on, most of them were useless the last time they were here but an awful lot has happened since then. And England's batting in that series wasn't great either, it was Bell that saved them several times.

We will win 3-1 or 4-1.

I think we are too good for this England team.

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you!

Australia were favourites in 2005, and maybe, if Glenn M hadn't stood on a ball whilst warming up, things might have been different...

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you!

Australia were favourites in 2005, and maybe, if Glenn M hadn't stood on a ball whilst warming up, things might have been different...

Or if England had not played with professional replacement fielders.....

Or if England had not played with professional replacement fielders.....

That sounds like sore loser speak to me

England's batting is now up and about the Australians (though prob not quite there). But unless the ball is really swinging, our bowling resources are nowhere close to your lots. NZ one dayers were misleading because they were chasing big totals

That sounds like sore loser speak to me

England's batting is now up and about the Australians (though prob not quite there). But unless the ball is really swinging, our bowling resources are nowhere close to your lots. NZ one dayers were misleading because they were chasing big totals

Nah I've forgotten that one now.

I haven't got over the series in Australia that we lost and sat there in the MCG and watched those knobheads do that sprinkler dance on OUR MCG.

Now that did take the p----.

Add to that have to go to a BBQ that night with my old man in his England hat taking the mickey out of us. Tough time that was.

The conditions are England's best chance. Swinging, overcast stuff.

Let's see what you got ...

Let us not forget that the Aussies have lost the last two test series in England.

The Aussies are great when everything is going their way, but if you can make them grovel... oh actually that type of fighting talk rebounded on the last person who used it, God rest his soul.

Anyone remember when Steve Smith was shit? A really poor/average number 7 who bowled a bit.

What the **** happened there? He now thinks he's the love child of Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar. Unbelievable batsman.

He was a fat-faced pie chucker who couldn't bat.

Amazing transformation. Fair play to him.

If I were that way inclined, that man would be my boyfriend. Cricket just isn't the same without him.

Anyone remember when Steve Smith was shit? A really poor/average number 7 who bowled a bit.

What the **** happened there? He now thinks he's the love child of Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar. Unbelievable batsman.

Said the same, possibly further up this thread - he looked like someone who would play half a dozen tests then we'd never see him again. Fair play to him, I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play this summer

Aussie - who was the young lad that came close to a ton on 'day-boo' over here last time, can't think of his name now. Was an odd choice at the time, has he gone backwards, or is he learning his trade quietly

Said the same, possibly further up this thread - he looked like someone who would play half a dozen tests then we'd never see him again. Fair play to him, I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play this summer

Aussie - who was the young lad that came close to a ton on 'day-boo' over here last time, can't think of his name now. Was an odd choice at the time, has he gone backwards, or is he learning his trade quietly

Ashton someone?

Archived