IGNORED

The Ashes

bs3

Can't wait for this series, should be a cracker! I've got tickets for the Edgbaston test, never been there before so looking forward to it.

Onto the series though, I think it will be a lot closer than people think and I'm sure the Aussies won't take us so lightly despite the last series down under. Aslong as our key players are in form and the likes of Stokes, Wood and Butler step up to the longer format of the game, I feel we've got every chance.

Ashton someone?

Agar, very impressive spell with the bat but I dont think he is all that with the ball.

And we can't be picking bowlers on the basis of their batting performance (unless they are Shane Watson who is equally as good at both).

Western Australian kiddie - still plays for WA in Sheffield Shield.

WA is an odd place - they are just too far away for the rest of us to know what they are up to or who they have.

Then they'll come along with a Langer, Gilchrist or Lillee.....

I can't see Agar getting much traction in the baggy green for a while, he isn't setting the world on fire state-wise for us to pick him.

Agar, very impressive spell with the bat but I dont think he is all that with the ball.

And we can't be picking bowlers on the basis of their batting performance (unless they are Shane Watson who is equally as good at both).

Western Australian kiddie - still plays for WA in Sheffield Shield.

WA is an odd place - they are just too far away for the rest of us to know what they are up to or who they have.

Then they'll come along with a Langer, Gilchrist or Lillee.....

I can't see Agar getting much traction in the baggy green for a while, he isn't setting the world on fire state-wise for us to pick him.

So you'd say that "they'm odd in WA"?

In an excellent pub in Manly, I said I'd just got off the train from Perth.

"You from WA, mate?"

"Do I sound like I'm from WA?"

"Dunno, mate. We don't meet many of them here"

It turned out that he and his mates had collectively been to London, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Bali, and San Francisco, and all the other state capitals, but none had ever been to Perth.

Who does everybody think should be our frontline spinner? Out of Rashid and Ali?

If it was me, I'd pick Rashid. He just looks more likely to take wickets and comes very useful with the bat IMO. We need to remember, the person is in the team to take wickets with spin first and foremost. Moeen Ali doesn't do that on a regular basis!

Pick both spinners. Drop Ballance. We bat deep enough.

1. Cook

2. Lyth

3. Bell

4. Root

5. Stokes

6. Buttler

7. Ali

8. Rashid

9. Wood

10. Broad

11. Anderson

Plenty of options, which we need against this Aussie side.

We're gonna belt that side all over the park....

Who does everybody think should be our frontline spinner? Out of Rashid and Ali?

If it was me, I'd pick Rashid. He just looks more likely to take wickets and comes very useful with the bat IMO. We need to remember, the person is in the team to take wickets with spin first and foremost. Moeen Ali doesn't do that on a regular basis!

Ali for me he is useful takes wickets (when trusted) and is even more useful with the bat

Rashid for me will be too expensive and the Aussies will go after him

And to be honest nether are great spinners we just don't have any

Haddin showing typical class about our upturn in ODI fortunes. You wonder why the Aussies are generally disliked all over the cricket world.. read the article on cricinfo for a quick refresh.

Brad Haddin - he always struck me as a complete bellend, and he plays up to it beautifully in that interview, Tom

Seems to 'dead bat' most of it away, in that typical Aussie manner. Complete opposite of the man he replaced behind the stumps, must be tough to be nowhere near as good as the man you replaced

I don't see us winning, but I would love to see us really rattle the Aussies, sod all this talk of it being a pleasant series, you can't do it with this people. Straight at them from ball one of the first test, and don't let up until it's over

I think I hate the Aussie cricket team more than I hate the G4s, and that is going some

Winners are rarely liked.

We are just fking good at everything we do mate.

Face it, that's just the nation we are.

:)

Been a while since you won here.....

Looking forward to knocking you out of the Rugby WC again, face it - that's just the nation we are :englandflag:

Brad Haddin - he always struck me as a complete bellend, and he plays up to it beautifully in that interview, Tom

Seems to 'dead bat' most of it away, in that typical Aussie manner. Complete opposite of the man he replaced behind the stumps, must be tough to be nowhere near as good as the man you replaced

I don't see us winning, but I would love to see us really rattle the Aussies, sod all this talk of it being a pleasant series, you can't do it with this people. Straight at them from ball one of the first test, and don't let up until it's over

I think I hate the Aussie cricket team more than I hate the G4s, and that is going some

Unfortunately with Cook as captain I can't see us being up at em. We need a Vaughan style captain to take them at their own game. Mind you if we get Stokes, Jimmy and Broad going at them who knows..

Unfortunately with Cook as captain I can't see us being up at em. We need a Vaughan style captain to take them at their own game. Mind you if we get Stokes, Jimmy and Broad going at them who knows..

Oh yeah, Cook won't say anything, and that works for him, so I don't have a problem with it

The bowlers and Buttler need to lead it, they are going to cop it, so get in there first

Archived