IGNORED

The Ashes

bs3

Swimming? Really?

1. It's not remotely relevant to cricket.

2. Any sane person on this earth knows we are far superior to you at swimming.

I could post up gold medals and world records from our men and women in the pool and go for hours. Not sure you could make 5 mins...

Supposedly Harris technically has a broken leg, the result of bowling with a knee joint that is itself so knackered that it cannot cushion the impact of his front leg. The cracked tibia would require a bone graft to correct and he would be 36 by the time he came back from that.

The retirement suddenly makes an awful lot of sense.

Swimming? Really?

I could post up gold medals and world records from our men and women in the pool and go for hours. Not sure you could make 5 mins...

I'd get fast at swimming if I had a Great White Shark after my ass on a frequent basis!

Anyway, you forgot to mention boasting, sheep-shagging and wearing tasteless clothing as your three other national achievements.

And the Welsh probably run you close on number 2!

Tasteless clothing?!

Have you walked around your cities lately?

And youve got us mixed up with kiwis on shagging sheep.

Fair point Aussie.Think Robbo was confusing sheep with your mums/sisters/brothers/uncle's/gran/kangaroos, Rolf Harris............

My dad did say that yes. He speaks from quite a much longer history than I.

He comes from Bristol and spent many years growing up there.

Whereas I grew up in Queensland and Melbourne and arrived in the UK in recent years for work.

I on the other hand will admit that most of my friends outside of work in the UK come from Australia.

His judgement on the mood and thoughts of the poms are better than mine.

Although right now he lives in Brisbane and I live in Henley on Thames.

Anyway, I have a ticket for days 2, 3 and 4 for Cardiff!! :)

Swimming? Really?

I know it wasn't you that brought up swimming.....but who really gives a flying **** about swimming. You can beat us every time at that for all the shits I give

Even without that bouncing rat and your posting name; ones shear arrogance alone gives away your allegiance, is there really any need for such abhorrent arrogance old bean.

The Australians are great competitors in sport, yet they lack the class of the English and respect and kind courtesy shown by India or the Kiwis.

Of course this is a sweeping generalisation, one that is upheld without denial by your comments Aussie, banter or not it comes off a little lame and just pulls harder on the coat tails of arrogance like every stereotypical evaluation most countries have of the average Australian .

I've family in Adelaide and they love the people, my friends in Sydney, Perth and Melbourne also rejoice of the lifestyle and indigenous people they share it with yet without notice and almost on que the Ozzy stereotype pushes past those thoughts of friends and family, with a burp and cold can of VB in hand I present to you the cricket fan of Australia.

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"When Ivo goes back with the urn, the urn; Studds, Steel, Read and Tylecote return, return; The welkin will ring loud, The great crowd will feel proud, Seeing Barlow and Bates with the urn, the urn; And the rest coming home with the urn."

This is the quote printed on the side of the Ashes urn :)

In the last 17 Ashes matches in England the Aussies have won just 3. They haven't won the ashes over here for 14 years.

I can see England winning the series this time around.

As I've said, we are building this Aussie team up to be something they aren't

Massively beatable, and, as you point out, their recent record here is awful

If there's rain delays can we expect to sit and watch Botham's Ashes again....

I do miss watching that again.

Or 2005, 2009, 2010/2011, 2013...

It is a morning to bowl but I cannot see Cook being brave enough to put them in. Will get easier as day goes on I think so will try to get through morning session. They might put us in though. Pretty sure we will be batting in 1.5 hours regardless of who wins the toss.

And sure we will be something like 80-3 at lunch

Archived