IGNORED

The Ashes

bs3

That's the end of Lyth for me. Hayles can be no worse

Hayles hasn't been getting noticed for his high scores it county level.

As I said earlier, Moeen is very capable of opening the innings. I wouldn't be surprised to the England selectors go for him and create a vacancy for different spinner.

As I said earlier, Moeen is very capable of opening the innings. I wouldn't be surprised to the England selectors go for him and create a vacancy for different spinner.

189 yesterday. Leave Moeem where he is IMO - he thrives down there in a free role

Boycott not impressed!

Jos Buttler is like a rabbit caught in the headlights of Ashes cricket. A seven-year-old schoolboy would have played better. He hasn't made a run all series.

"He hasn't shown any application whatsoever. It looks to me like his mind and confidence is shot for Test cricket - it's pathetic."

When is Boycott ever impressed? Just like Bob Willis.

Not saying thats a bad thing.

What high scores? Two at start of the summer and one this week. Not enough

When is Boycott ever impressed? Just like Bob Willis.

Not saying thats a bad thing.

If Butler played for Yorkshire he'd not slap him down as much. However he has had a bad time with the bat this series. Maybe because he's found himself coming in a lot earlier than he should as #6.

Ali to open isn't the answer. I've said way back on this thread that I don't remember him opening for Worcester in a red ball game, that has now been confirmed. He was a handy part time spinner who held the tail together, I think we've seen enough of his spin now to realise he isn't the answer. If Bell retires, which I think unlikely, then Ali up to 3/4/5 works, Rashid is as the spinner

I'm not part of the Hales fanclub, but I really do have no suggestion of who could replace Lyth. The poor bloke looks shot to me

As for Buttler, he's been useless with the bat, but I'd still trust him more than Bairstow to come good and get some big runs going forward

Interesting times for England, on a high after winning the Ashes, but two incredibly hard series coming up. We'll know just how close we are to getting the coveted no 1 slot back in 6 months time. I suspect we won't be anywhere near it, unfortunately

I have a suspicion Bell will announce his retirement shortly and thus Ali will fill that with Rachid coming in for the Pakistan series. Who opens with Cook though.. Either stick with Lyth or go back to Carberry IMO

Archived