IGNORED

Bradford Sell 17K Season Tickets

They've done well with 'incentive' approaches. Has been going on since they well and truly ****** up ad ended up in League 2.

Excluding the circumstances that drove them to it originally, they've kept their incentives going to keep fans coming back.

A flagship example of how to bring in larger crowds. Stadium size does help though, but think it's mainly aimed at clubs who have larger stadiums and aren't at their respective/aspired level to draw the crowds they'd like.

Agreed. I wonder what the break even figure was vis a vis last season's price. They may, for example, have pitched the price whereby the total number they need to sell, adult tickets for sake of argument, is 20k to match last seasons gross profit. Whatever the figure is hope they achieved and surpassed it.

Agreed. I wonder what the break even figure was vis a vis last season's price. They may, for example, have pitched the price whereby the total number they need to sell, adult tickets for sake of argument, is 20k to match last seasons gross profit. Whatever the figure is hope they achieved and surpassed it.

Maybe they did something a bit like Pledgemusic do where bands produce an album and fans have to buy at pre-sale stage and as long as x amount of copies are purchased they all get there albums. You could adopt s similar approach, ie if 20k pledge to buy season tickets and they all go you all get them for x amount, if not then it's the usual price, would promote season ticket purchases

One thing and one thing alone will double our season tickets sales.

Not price, not free shirts, not payment plan options or loyalty discounts.

Premiership Football will be the only way of regularly filling Ashton Gate for Bristol City matches.

A more open minded approach could be beneficial.

Bradford City have been clearly positioning the club in the minds of its Community via pricing spread for an extended period, and are increasing significantly gates.

What will the Bristol Sport narrative be to fill seats when the football club is playing at Ashton Gate beyond "Prem, Prem, Prem"?

The lower divisions do not feed at the same EPL trough. Bristol City FC vote in favour of the EPL's status quo regarding parachute payments etc.

In the meantime till this nirvana is reached it could/would be beneficial for Bristol Sport to reveal its longer term vision.

There are many variables involved in why fans attend. Bradford City have demonstrated minus the success of getting battered weekly by the big teams for a season gates can be improved.

The model of Bradford City has to be truer to the essence of a football club than some of the "true fan" arguments about apathy/lethargy, or you pay more the higher you get as the games moved on.

You know Bradford have been in the Premier league, yeah..?

That got people in, gave them a taster, recently they've been trying to tempt them back.

It would be interesting to know how many individual people have had a City season ticket in the last 10 years. I genuinely wonder how many that would be.

My guess would be 16-20k.

Until something gets "Mr. I live in Bristol but support Chelsea" off his ass and down to Ashton Gate, we will struggle to fill 27,000 seats on a regular basis.

What's most likely to attract these lethargic "fans" cheap prices or top level football..?

You know Bradford have been in the Premier league, yeah..?

That got people in, gave them a taster, recently they've been trying to tempt them back.

It would be interesting to know how many individual people have had a City season ticket in the last 10 years. I genuinely wonder how many that would be.

My guess would be 16-20k.

Until something gets "Mr. I live in Bristol but support Chelsea" off his ass and down to Ashton Gate, we will struggle to fill 27,000 seats on a regular basis.

What's most likely to attract these lethargic "fans" cheap prices or top level football..?

You know Bradford have been in the Premier league, yeah..? Fourteen years ago meaning a large % of Bradfod City fans will not be able to remember it, let alone taste the sweet EPL prices of Arsenal.

You know Bradford have been in the bottom division more recently and increased gates via a long term pricing spread, now they have more season ticket holders than their average gate five yeas ago, yeah ...?

What's most likely to attract these lethargic "fans" cheap prices or top level football..? That was not the question that was unanswered. Here is an answer to your question anyway. Price! Bristol City are NOT a top level football club now, and even if they were Bristol City are highly unlikely to occupy the higher echelons of the EPL, so long term pricing strategy beyond high = higher has to be a necessity.

But where is the problem with our season ticket price? I paid 299 for 23 games. Frankly that's a cracking deal.

We also sold out all season tickets on offer without being terribly oversubscribed. I don't ordinarily say it, but commercially seems to me the board got it as near bang on as they could've.

Ultimately time will tell when the stadium is finished. If things don't go to plan and we find ourselves back in League 1 with a half filled stadium the club will have to make a decision on whether they offer a lot cheaper prices to bring more people in (especially family's and younger fans). If however we end up in the Prem I have no doubt that the ground will be full every week, in which case the club can probably charge more, although this would be a shame when the extra income they could get from increased prices is completely dwarfed by the TV money anyway, but again that's up to the club and what sort of club they want to be

I don't think you understand what directly proportional means.

People generally assume if you halve the price, you will double the attendance, which is rarely true.

Understand, double half, quarter .. Gain can be marginal but Clubs reduce price and get fans in.

At Bristol City when the price for the ye olde Eastend was decreased by eighty English pounds or so ...More people ... Well the outcome was directly related to the price.

I don't think you understand what directly proportional means.

People generally assume if you halve the price, you will double the attendance, which is rarely true.

Not having a go but how many clubs do you know who have ever halved the price in order to base this analysis on?

So if price doesn't bring the punters in then what does? It's no good saying Prem Football or the new stadium will get them in at any price because there are plenty of clubs no longer in the Prem with new stadiums which don't get full (Cov for example).

Yes it's not as cut and dry as price but there must be a way to tap into the 41k who went to Wembley, and price in these days of austerity is a good place to start.

Not sure that having a ST for 25 years denotes a "real fan".

I have the misfortune to know people in that bracket who moan and shout abuse at our players at every opportunity - the only support they give is with their money. We could do without those particular people tbh. I'm sure there are plenty of 25 year ST holders who are the opposite and give good support, but just the fact that people have had ST for a long time doesn't automatically equate to good support imo.

Just have a think and try to differentiate between 'real fan' and 'real supporter'.

I am not sure i can distinguish between the two, but I am sure there are others on here who can; or who will try to do so.

I consider myself both a fan and a supporter, although my support has diminished these last few years as I now live abroad.  

Not having a go but how many clubs do you know who have ever halved the price in order to base this analysis on?

So if price doesn't bring the punters in then what does? It's no good saying Prem Football or the new stadium will get them in at any price because there are plenty of clubs no longer in the Prem with new stadiums which don't get full (Cov for example).

Yes it's not as cut and dry as price but there must be a way to tap into the 41k who went to Wembley, and price in these days of austerity is a good place to start.

It's been quoted from up high here and elsewhere, when promotions running significantly better (for fans) than 'half price', a loss on the regular income is inevitably made.

In other words, price does bring in extra punters, but not necessarily at a sufficient rate to counter the financial knock-on.

Archived