IGNORED

Transfer Secrets Revealed

I think perhaps this pre season has felt difficult because:

A:) No World cup/European championship

B:) We didn't actually want last season to end. For the first time in a long time the season ended on a monumental high rather than just being glad to have got through it.... And then there was nothing. No signings for a what felt like an age and there wasn't even any home pre season fixtures due to the stadium redevelopment.

Many people suddenly found themselves with nothing else to talk about other than wild transfer speculation. Leave them to it- at least it gives me something to read at work!

I'm happy to state that I'm no longer privy to confidential information at City and consequently know SFA about what players are on the radar, at what stage negotiations are at. Thats why I don't post anything regarding rumours on here so if I ever do then you'll all know it's

all just made up...

Good post Marina, but there is one thing missing. The summer months are dull, from a football perspective, and nature abhors a vacuum. Hence, due to lack of facts, squillions of posts emerge to fill this vacuum. As Terry Prachett said:

"A lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on."

I'm happy to state that I'm no longer privy to confidential information at City and consequently know SFA about what players are on the radar, at what stage negotiations are at. Thats why I don't post anything regarding rumours on here so if I ever do then you'll all know it's

all just made up...

Source ?

1. if we don't make signings we will not do well

2. if we do not do well we will either;

a) go down and lose money

b) panic buy and lose money

this is awful for the club, need players asap

Remind me how many points did we win league one by again?

Also how many of bournmouths squad played for them in league one? 9 wasn't it?

Stop talking shit

I am very happy that the club are not chucking silly money at players .

I was reading on the BBC site biggest transfer let downs where players have been bought in on huge fees and salaries just to disappear after a few months having added nothing to the new club except a hole in the budget .

How many big signings work out ? 10 % , 20% let's be generous 60% ? that leaves 40% percent sucking the life out of a club .

Chester , 8 million quid to WBA , 8 million quid !!!

It's lunacy .

I would prefer that we shop around for motivated players with something to prove not William Largenuts who thinks he's made it because some doughnut with money to burn has signed him .

The best would be to produce our own top players who go on to have good careers.

If that takes more time so be it but the pleasure in watching these players develop rather than the superstar sewage workers ( who just go through the motions ) is immeasurable.

I am very happy that the club are not chucking silly money at players .

I was reading on the BBC site biggest transfer let downs where players have been bought in on huge fees and salaries just to disappear after a few months having added nothing to the new club except a hole in the budget .

How many big signings work out ? 10 % , 20% let's be generous 60% ? that leaves 40% percent sucking the life out of a club .

Chester , 8 million quid to WBA , 8 million quid !!!

It's lunacy .

I would prefer that we shop around for motivated players with something to prove not William Largenuts who thinks he's made it because some doughnut with money to burn has signed him .

The best would be to produce our own top players who go on to have good careers.

If that takes more time so be it but the pleasure in watching these players develop rather than the superstar sewage workers ( who just go through the motions ) is immeasurable.

William Largenuts sounds interesting,have you got anymore info on him ?

Remind me how many points did we win league one by again?

Also how many of bournmouths squad played for them in league one? 9 wasn't it?

Stop talking shit

I think his point was more about our lack of players, rather than lack of championship quality.

It only takes an injury to a defender, midfielder or striker and our starting line up will take a massive hit in quality.

I think it's safe to say theirs nobody on here whose ITK at Ashton Gate . Not a sniff about any of this years comings and goings ( Osbourne,Cunningham, Kodjia ,Ives) .

Last season SC gave a bit of a summary of his signings , I'm sure he will do this year once his work is complete .

I think it's safe to say theirs nobody on here whose ITK at Ashton Gate . Not a sniff about any of this years comings and goings ( Osbourne,Cunningham, Kodjia ,Ives) .

Last season SC gave a bit of a summary of his signings , I'm sure he will do this year once his work is complete .

And isn't it great because of that? I hate being told a name and waiting 3 or 4 days for the obvious signing. JK was on twitter at lunchtime, provided us all with an afternoons entertainment on here and signed before I'd eaten my dinner, got little one off to sleep, watered the garden and had a cuppa. The way it should be

I'm not sure that's quite right.

The reality is that people who do get given information and news before everyone else keep their trap shut. Because, if they didn't, they'd soon be back to finding stuff out when everyone else does.

Pardon my tangent but what I find both curious and amusing is the way the club plays the local newspaper. They seem to have them exactly where they want them and, while that's quite funny, it's actually not particularly healthy from an objectivity point of view in the long run.

Archived