IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

Got to love this forum....apparently said journalist, is clueless and knows nothing, and gets all his info from OTIB.... say's a lot about this forum then...Doh! :facepalm::laughcont:

Right now, all I can see, are a lot of fans on this forum who are very frustrated, confused, annoyed, feeling like they know very little about what's going on at the Club they support....and those feelings are spilling over into bickering and finding fault with whatever and whoever....

It's not a very healthy and positive feeling....which is such a shame, especially after last years great success.

Reading the forum of late....you would never have guessed we'd stormed League 1 recently.

No one seems at all excited about playing in the Championship again....and it starts this week.

i am fella, we've got a good first 11 imo and we play good football and I'm looking forward to testing ourselves a level up!

We are of course looking to strengthen and that is done quite rightly behind the scenes when the club has something it's announced! It's not the end of the world if we have to wait a little bit longer!

How'd you come up with that? He's not going to be much closer to Newcastle's starting 11 than he is at United. So they're going to pay more per week for him to sit on bench some matches and play in the U21? I'm not convinced

United pay a low wage when young and make then earn a big money contract.

Tell you a United player I would love to see on loan here, Nick Powell. Completely ignored by United, has fantastic potential in the right team.

Agreed, quality footballer.

I actually want lingard to sign for anyone now, just to put us out of our misery. Preferably us though...

What makes me laugh about stockhausen is he has his location turned on on his Twitter account but I don't think he knows. He was tweeting like he was at our very first preseason session but his Twitter said he was in Manchester. He was tweeting like he was at the yeovil friendly but it said he was in Crawley. And it's funny when he tweets 2 minutes after the club and words it "I'm just hearing....."

No you aren't just hearing anything mate, you read it like the rest of us.

No, his location tracker is just broken. Cause he's tweeted from Ashton Gate in the past and it says Manchester.

Whether there is any truth in this or not .... As much as I'd love for it to have legs ..

Do you really think he'd come to us, and for 2.5m ?

Just thinking that with all the massively inflated prices for the better end of Young British talented players, and the need for prem teams to have so many British players in their squad, surely if he was available he would go to a bottom half prem team or a relegated ex prem team and for considerably more than 2.5m for a regular England u21 player ??

Just thinking that with all the massively inflated prices for the better end of Young British talented players, and the need for prem teams to have so many British players in their squad, surely if he was available he would go to a bottom half prem team or a relegated ex prem team and for considerably more than 2.5m for a regular England u21 player ??

I was thinking this - and may be a reason for SL to dig a little deeper if required - not such a waste of money as he should hold his value/increase in value massively over the next couple of years if he is a stand out player in the championship.

I think this may have been mentioned on a few threads,

If we were to sell Freeman, Bryan as an example (which are probably the most talented of our squad, albeit we have a great 11),

SC and SL would want 3, 4 or 5 million for them and as players themselves, they would be looking for 20k a week min. If we expect that from our own players moving onto another club then surely we need to step up a gear and expect to have those fees and wages in mind to pull in players that will enhance our squad (without the market taking the rise),

We have 1 new signing - look at the rest of the championship as a whole. 

I understand the caution and spike that SC has mentioned but it's the reality. Either go for a lesser League 1 player and gamble or pay for talent that is on offer at a higher level! 

Simples!

Archived