IGNORED

The Official Champions V Brentford Match Day Thread

Arhh OK.

You would have thought the ground would be a tad more full though given the first home match with the new stand if not the 'sell out announcement' ; my Bro and his two sons, for one, did not bother calling the club because of it... bit of a faux pas by the club there me thinks. dear oh dear.

I understand that, I've been there a few times.Due to other commitments I am not a ST holder (now a member), it is frustrating that club say the game is sold out yet there are plenty of seats of available. Can you make the excuse that hundreds of fans have tickets but have not turned up?

Can anyone on here elaborate on the goals? Stuck with bbc text comm...... Also was their goal caused by an error by hamer?

BBC just said Wilbraham nodded in a corner from Pack after drawing an excellent save from the Brentford keeper - also mentioned we are "well on top" and that Brentford look shaky.

I understand that, I've been there a few times.Due to other commitments I am not a ST holder (now a member), it is frustrating that club say the game is sold out yet there are plenty of seats of available. Can you make the excuse that hundreds of fans have tickets but have not turned up?

I expect it will be due to the safety certificate that the council were prepared to issue, which might have seen City have to reduce the capacity.

Normally new stands and/or stadiums do a dry run using a pre season game to establish that all safety systems are working ok, but even though they opened the doors in the week for the U18's game, it may not have attracted enough spectators to achieve the right certificate.