IGNORED

Price Of Players

Worthingexile

Not sure I agree, think it's the inflation of English leagues. Prices around the continent haven't changed much, Leicester bought Okazaki for 7 million, a proven goal scorer in the Bundesliga, and on the international stage.

So all we need to buy a proven goalscorer from the Bundesliga is 7 million quid and a Premiership club , easy .

Sorry, my bad. I thought they spent big last season. I'm sure they did,I'm going bonkers. Appologies

They spent 2.5 million which was there record last year on Tokelo Rantie, South African striker, apparently he is available to loan this season as it seems Bournemouth have a few to many strikers!!

I imagine the huge jump in the tv deals for the prem are a main cause for the inflated prices this year.... Seems to be a fair few top managers claiming english players are overpriced (prem managers as well as cotts)

And with this money coming in then there is no urgency to move them on.  They won't even be noticing Gayle's wages.

During the Liverpool V Bournemouth match last night it was mentoned that the Bournemouth first XI was assembled for 12 million (7million being spent on one player), also that it included no youngsters brought through their youth system and the back four played together during their League 1 promotion season.

Archived