IGNORED

How Could Our Ownership Be Better?

Tinmans Love Child

We are all lucky to be supporters of a club "on the up" with a superb owner, who is building a brilliant stadium and is intent on investing in the team so that we get to the Premiership.  It will all seem so remote from evening games at some of the rubbish stadiums that we have had to endure in years gone by.

As Margaret Thatcher would have said, " Rejoice, just rejoice!"

It does but if KB or SC weren't doing their jobs to Junior Lansdowns and the boards satisfaction then he'd talk to dad before sacking either of them.

Yes he would, that's my point.  SL calls the shots and to be a better owner and get the club how he wants it he needs to take action to sort the back office side out. It would give existing and new fans a far better experience. All the ticketing threads praise the office staff very highly for their approach and help, I have experienced it myself, but if it was set up properly we shouldn't need to contact them!

To answer the original post - I don't believe we could have a better owner.

SL is the 1054th richest man in the world according to  the Forbes Billionaire Rich List.(think about that for a moment )

http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/24/#version:static

I had a word with him on Saturday whilst he was showing the great and the good around the new stand around 1.30pm; he seemed  pleased and excited  and was like a kid at Christmas.(about the stadium not talking to me)

He seems a genuinely decent bloke, approachable,  basically a city fan who has the wealth of Croesus

If only Peter Hargreaves was a city fan...

Maybe a better title for the thread is 'How could our Ownership be worse:

Foreign ownership

No real passion for Bristol or the club

Borrowing money based on club assets

Neglecting the stadium

Neglecting youth development

Changing kit to blue and white

Not buying any players

Yeh SL might not be perfect but what would you prefer?

Helicopter in, land on the centre circle, climb out, acknowledge the applause of the crowd as he walks across the pitch, climbs up the steps and takes his seat in the director's box.

Cool.

If I was the owner that is exactly what I would do. But on a serious note I really do hope the New Williams is called the Lansdown Stand.

Helicopter in, land on the centre circle, climb out, acknowledge the applause of the crowd as he walks across the pitch, climbs up the steps and takes his seat in the director's box.

Cool.

That really would be slick but I expect some doughnut from H&S will refuse it. Plus, I've never got the impression he is that flashy so doubt Steve would do it.

Cool.

Better if helicopter hovers over pitch, and SL and Gray jump out in tandem parachute and descend to land in the centre circle.

SL acknowledges the crowds applause as he walks across the pitch, climbs the steps and takes his seat in the directors box. Gray however is in full kit, and on landing holds the obligatory scarf above his head for the fans and waiting photographers and then goes on for the warm up with the rest of the team ready to start and goes on to score a hat trick in a 5-0 City win.

Then I woke up!. 

Archived