IGNORED

The Official Champions V Leeds United Match Day Thread

Not expecting another goalfest tonight.

Rosler has really tightened Leeds up as their first few results demonstrate: 1-1, 1-1, 0-0.

They had just 1 shot on target in their drab goalless draw at Reading, but on the flip side they've looked difficult to break down.

Chris Wood will be leading the line, hopefully Flint can do a job on him - good test for Flint.

Despite a fair amount of positivity after Saturday's performance I thought we looked porous at the back, Brentford looked capable of scoring on every attack. 11 v 11 personally I don't think we'd have neccessarily won - it could've finished 4 - 4.

You know what to expect with Leeds, they're going to be a big, strong team. Our record against them last time we were in the C'ship was absolutely hopeless (played 6, lost 6).

That said, I think the last time I saw Leeds at AG in a midweek game we beat them in the Coca Cola League Cup 2-1. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink scored then got sent off. Leeds line-up that night included Martyn, Bowyer, Wetherall, Radebe and Alfe Inge Haaland! Was 1997 - Goodridge and oooo Shaun Taylor for us!

1-1 tonight.

• Like 1

Chris Wood will be leading the line, hopefully Flint can do a job on him - good test for Flint.

Despite a fair amount of positivity after Saturday's performance I thought we looked porous at the back, Brentford looked capable of scoring on every attack. 11 v 11 personally I don't think we'd have neccessarily won - it could've finished 4 - 4.

1-1 tonight.

City to sneak it 2-1, maybe with a bit of luck like an OG or maybe a red card for LUFC!

Hoping Wood can be tamed by Flint....I don't see him in the same quality bracket as Hoffman on Saturday, who although looked decent, was given too much time and respect.

Last time I saw City play Leeds was one of the early games of 1979 season....2-2, they had a player sent off late on. Cue Leeds fans chasing City fans across Ashton Park....yes it was Leeds chasing us!!

I was stood on my dads toolbox in the away end....lovely experience for a 9 year old!!!!

Yo: here is de match weaffer, innit??

:dancer2:

Wednesday 19th August year of our Lord 2015.

Bristol City F.C. Vs Leeds United F.C.

Venue: Ashton Gate stadium, south Bristol

K.O. 1945 Hrs BST

Weather Conditions:-

Light Rain

Temperature 16 celcius

Humidity 95%

Visibility Good

Atmospheric Pressure 1014 hPa

Wind direction: Southerly

Wind speed 10 mph

UV 3 (scale 1-8) until it gets dark

Pollution Low

Pollen Low

Sun Rise 0602 BST

Sun Set 2025 BST

Moon Rise 1101 BST

Moon Set 2212 BST

Earth to moon distance: 404,672 Km

Moon illumination 21.4%

Outlook for this evening: Remaining band of rain will clear eastwards, leaving mostly dry but cloudy night, with fair amount of hill fog. Feeling mild.

Enjoy the game.

2-1 to City.

TFR

Edited by Taxi for Rennie

Havana - is that true about Leeds being a Welsh speaking outpost? I love stuff like that, everyday is a school day. Unless you're lying, in which case you are a bastard

I went 1-2 on the Yoshi competition, I'm in the doldrums, I see no reason to change that

Unless Gray signs between now and then, in which case we'll lose 2-3. Defence worries me

Richardson?

Darn it.. Robinson. Sorry. Mods.. please give us longer to correct. Urghhhhhh.

Yo: here is de match weaffer, innit??

:dancer2:

Humidity 95%

TFR

Wow.. that is super humid man.. bit like here.

Havana - is that true about Leeds being a Welsh speaking outpost? I love stuff like that, everyday is a school day. Unless you're lying, in which case you are a bastard

I went 1-2 on the Yoshi competition, I'm in the doldrums, I see no reason to change that

Unless Gray signs between now and then, in which case we'll lose 2-3. Defence worries me

Absolutely true Woodsy. I do my research mate. :)

• Like 1

Well, Well.

I just checked on WIKI (not that I ever doubted you ;)), and I see that he played 42 games for Leeds in the late 1990's after leaving Liverpool.

Quite amazing given their intense rivalry.

Done a quiz on the bbc the other day, I had completely forgotten Michael Owen had played for Stoke

Rush I can remember at Leeds, weird huh?

fair play havanatopia thats about the most amazing first post on any clubs thread I think Ive ever read. Hope you're right about Robinson. don't think Richardson's signed for you yet but Sunderland aren't interested. ;)

Absolutely right of course on my slip up; too late to amend it by the time I noticed ! Always thought highly of Richardson as it happens.. did he not play for Arsenal for a while? I seem to recall he did but never shined. Or am I making it up as I go along?!

Thanks a lot for the compliments, much appreciated.

Well, Well.

I just checked on WIKI (not that I ever doubted you ;)), and I see that he played 42 games for Leeds in the late 1990's after leaving Liverpool.

Quite amazing given their intense rivalry.

Indeed.. apparently he was not much of a success which explains why few remember him playing for them; he was on a hiding to nothing really after what he achieved at Liverpool.

Yes , i can confirm that Owen was also injured for Stoke .

To coin an Owen phrase from the other day highlighted by a poster on OTIB my Stokie friend said; 'He did not look like a footballer when he played for us. I suppose meaning he was not much kop for them. How much game time did he actually get?!

Edited by havanatopia