IGNORED

Jk Looking Good!

Tinmans Love Child

i though JK started great against Leeds and showed glimpses of some real attacking quality. He dropped off but so did the whole team really, I think once we work out how to link up the strikers more effectively he will be a great addition, just need to get his fitness levels up

I thought his fitness looked fine, but seems to be frustrated from not getting the service he is used to. I'm sure it'll come, just get him playing as many games as possible.

Initially thought he missed the rebound chance from Wilbs shot in first half, but Skys highlights seem to show it as saved.

I was sure it was saved at the time but nobody sat around me, or that I said it to in the pub afterwards agreed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so!

Up there as one of our best players and could do damage this season.

Fantastic movement not matched by others spotting him. Prime example, Pack on the break yesterday preferred a square ball instead of through to unmarked Kodjia. Needs to improve his finishing mind.

I absolutely agree and have high hopes and expectations of the lad.

If he can finish, and I think that he can based upon some very well controlled efforts and his sheer confidence in taking a shot (and not letting a miss effect him), he is going to be one hell of a player once/if we are in sync.

I think at the moment the width in our play is not necessarily to his strength. I think he looks more dangerous when he is running direct with the ball centrally and does the unexpected. He also seems to have good awareness in tight spaces which makes me think him and Freeman could be excellent together.

I imagine we had more width v Leeds as we had no Freeman. Against Boro though I would definitely like to see Reid at the apex of the midfield. If (big if granted) Reid can give Kodjia some of what Agard had, I'd back him to add to his goal tally.

Once Freeman gets up to speed (and back) then JK is going to make hay!

I really like him. Great control, pace and strength.

The one thing I worry about is that the other players seem a bit distant from him.  He looked mortified when he missed that "sitter" although it was a good save.  No-one came across and said "Chin up old boy.  C'est ne pas rien".

The one thing I worry about is that the other players seem a bit distant from him. He looked mortified when he missed that "sitter" although it was a good save. No-one came across and said "Chin up old boy. C'est ne pas rien".

You're asking a bit much to expect English players to speak French!

I think once his language skills pick up he'll bond. There's every indication that they are a tight-knit bunch who have a good team spirit.

And yep, you're right. An on-form Freeman slipping him killer passes will be just what this young "Kodger" will thrive on.

If we are breaking the bank why not buy some experience d champ players from other champ teams or teams they have got prompted and hey let's not worry sbout how old they are. As other wise we are a very young team I can see why Gayle/Gray turned us down .

But obviously not journey men .for example Richard Keogh I know we couldn't sign him but of similar ability and experience.

Up there as one of our best players and could do damage this season.

Fantastic movement not matched by others spotting him. Prime example, Pack on the break yesterday preferred a square ball instead of through to unmarked Kodjia. Needs to improve his finishing mind.

Look at the highlights and he is pointing where he wants the ball to both Fredericks ( I think ) and Bryan in good positions. Both times ignored. I'm sure I can remember a couple of other instances where this occered.

He still looks a bit raw but the side have got to latch onto the runs he is making to make the best of these type of opportunities.

If we are breaking the bank why not buy some experience d champ players from other champ teams or teams they have got prompted and hey let's not worry sbout how old they are. As other wise we are a very young team I can see why Gayle/Gray turned us down .

But obviously not journey men .for example Richard Keogh I know we couldn't sign him but of similar ability and experience.

I was thinking this. Not has beens on long contracts, but loans of quality players who are featuring for their teams. Good experienced pro's who are proven at this level. Danny Graham possibly..?

You're asking a bit much to expect English players to speak French!

I think once his language skills pick up he'll bond. There's every indication that they are a tight-knit bunch who have a good team spirit.

And yep, you're right. An on-form Freeman slipping him killer passes will be just what this young "Kodger" will thrive on.

He is having to adjust to a lot different things, language and food for a start and football wise, the vast difference in the physicality of the game as I have said before French football almost non contact, the pace of the game, the French game can be totally soporific in comparison and although he missed a sitter last night, believe it or not following up in the hope that the keeper spills it is also not a normal trait of the French game.

I think he'll be just fine, I was surprised lat night to hear BristolBoy (as was) almost write him off.

He was excellent last night and appears to be adjusting very nicely. I think we've got a very good player on our hands.

I was behind his miss and thought at the time it was a great point blank save after the spill, video confirmed it.

The one thing I worry about is that the other players seem a bit distant from him. He looked mortified when he missed that "sitter" although it was a good save. No-one came across and said "Chin up old boy. C'est ne pas rien".

Ce n'est pas rien.?

He is having to adjust to a lot different things, language and food for a start and football wise, the vast difference in the physicality of the game as I have said before French football almost non contact, the pace of the game, the French game can be totally soporific in comparison and although he missed a sitter last night, believe it or not following up in the hope that the keeper spills it is also not a normal trait of the French game.

I think he'll be just fine, I was surprised lat night to hear BristolBoy (as was) almost write him off.

Exactly.

I think the sprinter type of striker - like Baldock - are apt to miss more "sitters" simply because they create more chances for themselves, although many are less clear cut than those created during a careful build-up - especially if the player is running at speed with the ball maybe not fully under control.

Exactly.

I think the sprinter type of striker - like Baldock - are apt to miss more "sitters" simply because they create more chances for themselves, although many are less clear cut than those created during a careful build-up - especially if the player is running at speed with the ball maybe not fully under control.

Also I think like JK, Baldock and probably Maynard, fall into the Andy Cole category, take a touch and they are more likely to miss, take it first time more likely to score or at least hit the target.

Archived