IGNORED

The Official Middlesbrough V Champions Match Day Thread

• Middlesbrough are winless in three games against the Robins, losing the last two (D1).
  • Bristol City have avoided defeat in each of their last four visits to the Riverside (W2 D2).
  • Middlesbrough have won eight of their last nine games (including play-offs) at the Riverside (D1).

Thanks for those stats Kots.

Sorry....but realism is kicking in here. We are seriously putting our hopes in a player who wasn't good enough for League one last year, and the the Times I seen him....looked bang average at league 2 level.

The fact we seem to be linked with any striker who has scored at Championship level....yet It's clear to see our big issues are midfield, really baffles me.

• Like 1

Sorry....but realism is kicking in here. We are seriously putting our hopes in a player who wasn't good enough for League one last year, and the the Times I seen him....looked bang average at league 2 level.

The fact we seem to be linked with any striker who has scored at Championship level....yet It's clear to see our big issues are midfield, really baffles me.

Yes because no one can use that time to get game time. Or use the summer to get stronger and sharper. No one has ever been average one year and come on later. Look, I get what you're saying and I don't think anyone has the highest hopes that Bobby will be our best player this season but can he provide us an option in the Freeman role? I think we can look at the Leeds game and see the ability and hope he can provide the competetion/cover needed.

As far as midfield I don't count that role too much in it. Freeman puts in a shift but isn't very defensive. An upgrade is needed in the but over Pack. Pack is a solid player but of the 3 in that midfield, Pack is the weakest by far. So we do need to look for a CM but don't think it needs to be that advanced role.