IGNORED

Ben Hamer

TammyAB

Does anyone have the ability/time to dredge up the early posts about Basso when he first replaced Steve Phillips? I seem to remember his first few games were very shaky and people were jumping up and down about how it was terrible he had replaced the local boy. I think it's fair to say he went on to become a bit of local hero himself. 

Football seems to be the antithesis of the phrase "first impressions are often correct"

I do like this quote though....

"We don't know where our first impressions come from or precisely what they mean, so we don't always appreciate their fragility."

Well as only 400 went to Middlesbro and the majority probably don't come on here, this is going to become a pretty boring thread.

Well I was there and at all the other games this season! Hamer as great today, he looked a little unsure with some of the crosses but big boy Flint was always there.

We won't play many batter sides this season, enjoyed watching Boro, they were quality but everyone of our boys picked up where we left off at 96 minutes on Weds... Korey hasn't been mentioned much regarding this game but any of the 412 there will agree that he was stunning! He was everywhere & covered the back 5 perfectly, my MOTM ahead of Hamer or Bobby who deserved his place.

No weak links, played as a team, against a very good team... why they took off Wildschut at half time is beyond me, their best player in the 1st half & had the beating of Little & Ayling time & time again.

Worth the 10 hours drive!!!

Well I was there and at all the other games this season! Hamer as great today, he looked a little unsure with some of the crosses but big boy Flint was always there.

We won't play many batter sides this season, enjoyed watching Boro, they were quality but everyone of our boys picked up where we left off at 96 minutes on Weds... Korey hasn't been mentioned much regarding this game but any of the 412 there will agree that he was stunning! He was everywhere & covered the back 5 perfectly, my MOTM ahead of Hamer or Bobby who deserved his place.

No weak links, played as a team, against a very good team... why they took off Wildschut at half time is beyond me, their best player in the 1st half & had the beating of Little & Ayling time & time again.

Worth the 10 hours drive!!!

How fit was ML? Was he protecting his shoulder at all, or was he just a bit rusty? And how did RF. do in his 20 minutes after replacing ML.

Finally, did BR okay in the same role as LF, or did we play a more compact three alongside MP and KS. KS was fantastic be Leeds IMHO too.

Anyone else notice in the highlights that on one of the crosses, Hamer appears to call for the ball and then not actually come and claim it? Flint goes potty at him understandably, understandable too that there should be some communication problems between him and the defence at this early stage.

I can't actually find the link any more, just saw the highlights on a Leeds fan account on Twitter. Strange that the club don't publish highlights from both angles as there is defiantly a camera recording the game up in the dolman

Ah ok, ta, will try and hunt it out.

Yeah, thought there might be multi-angle highlights once they put up the gantry on the Williams side, but so far seemingly not to be...

Anyone else notice in the highlights that on one of the crosses, Hamer appears to call for the ball and then not actually come and claim it? Flint goes potty at him understandably, understandable too that there should be some communication problems between him and the defence at this early stage.

If you're on about the one that he saves/hits his arm then you've gotta be joking. Can clearly see by mouth and body shape he's telling them to get it away, defence ignore it and leave it to him against his orders which as a keeper is by far the most annoying thing. He should've come and got it but he NEVER called for it.

You can see at times he's unsure of his decision making, partly because he hasnt played in a while and also because he's been thrown into our team without much time to integrate with the back 3. I expect he's much more used to commanding 2 centre halves than 3 centre backs also.

Give it time, he will come good. You simply don't play in the premier league if you're a crap goalkeeper.

Archived