IGNORED

Nathan Baker

lenred

Hey guys, a Villa fan here. Just wanted to drop in with my thoughts on Baker as naturally I've seen a lot of him. He's an all or nothing defender, loves a tackle and getting stuck in. Lacks that bit of pace but I feel he makes up for it in his power, tackling and height. He really does put his body on the line, which is why his injury record isn't the best. The weakest part of his game is probably his distribution, in the Premier League you have to be a bit better on the ball even as a CB and I think that is where he is lacking. Sherwood sees him as a late bloomer hence why he has been sent out on loan. He does have nearly 100 Premier League games under his belt though and will do a great job for you goes I have no doubt. You're getting a top young-ish defender with loads of experience for his age and wishing him and you guys all the best for the season. :) 

cheers for that. I know a Villa fan at work that said the same about him. We could use pace but sounds like a good signing for us. As most likely the left sided of a back 3, he will see the ball at his feet quite a bit so his distribution will get some work and hopefully benefit us this season and you in the future. 

Also to the guy that asked if they had a striker, we are already borrowing him with Robinson!!

Fordy, I gather from what Tetbury and Woodsy have mentioned on here, that you're based in Dursley or Cam so just on the outskirts of Birmingham thus I guess you'll have lots of Villa supporting mates and a useful insight.:whistle:

Ahhhh. I'm an Upper Cam lad born & bred, but live in North Worcs & work in the big smoke (B'ham) so I know a fair old few. 

Try not to take too much notice of them. One is busy shagging Dolphins, the other is busy punching well above his Max Branning weight.  (Incidentally he made the BBC website transfer deadline day live feed the other day' I know someone famous!!!)

Will certainly be interesting to see if we re shuffle the back line. You would imagine Baker would come in for DW but not sure Flint or Ayling would be dropped altogether. Wouldn't be shocked to see Ayling out at RWB with Moore in RCB. 

Ahhhh. I'm an Upper Cam lad born & bred, but live in North Worcs & work in the big smoke (B'ham) so I know a fair old few. 

Try not to take too much notice of them. One is busy shagging Dolphins, the other is busy punching well above his Max Branning weight.  (Incidentally he made the BBC website transfer deadline day live feed the other day' I know someone famous!!!)

Do you want an autograph, Fordy? Also, did I look like Branning in the photo!? I need Super to see it so he stops taking the piss

He's a bully

My cousin is a big Villa fan, and another cousin is good friends with NBs aunty....I was warned about how injury prone he is, especially around Christmas and his birthday!

Shame, because he's looked pretty good when he's on the pitch

yes I have been told the same. A very good defender who will always put his body on the line. Therefore he picks up injuries. 

Thet hadn't assessed him as far as I can tell. Just a hamstring problem. My guess is that he isn't rushed back and we won't see him until after the international break. 

yes I have been told the same. A very good defender who will always put his body on the line. Therefore he picks up injuries. 

Thet hadn't assessed him as far as I can tell. Just a hamstring problem. My guess is that he isn't rushed back and we won't see him until after the international break. 

Bloody hell - is there another international break coming? They boil my piss

I think Baker has had a real influence on the increasing improvement in our defence as we adapt to The Championship.

Was really worried when he went off last night, but William's confidence from a couple of good games alongside him, meant he settled back into the LCB position....and Bryan back in as LWB.  Admittedly he took a while to settle, but in the last 20-25, the two of them started to link like last season.

Hope Baker going down and coming off saved more serious damage.  Fingers crossed for Saturday.

Archived