IGNORED

Save Torquay United

TammyAB

Poor old Torquay! Be a real, real shame if they fold. Nice ground and a core of really passionate and loyal fans, who follow the Club through thin and thin.

The lottery millionaire was really generous. After he passed on his wife took over and continued to support the Club.... but she gave up last year... the family having pumped millions into the Club including funding a new stand. Percentage wise put far more in to 'their' Club than SL has to City (although that no slight on the supremely generous Lansdown family). Know the former CEO well, who I believe actually worked for the Club for free initially - a real fan who lived and breathed TUFC. 

Just one of many Clubs that are suffering from the Sky-inflated market place. Be nice if a small slice of the billions in the game went out to the Clubs on the margins. As it is, prices the last time I went were comparable if not more expensive than City and they're still struggling to make ends meet.

Can never forgive them though for being 2-0 up against the Slags into the second half and losing 3-2 a few seasons back. Infact, been friggin years since they beat them. 

Will pop down for a midweek game sometime to show my support and give them a few squid. 

Poor old Torquay! Be a real, real shame if they fold. Nice ground and a core of really passionate and loyal fans, who follow the Club through thin and thin.

The lottery millionaire was really generous. After he passed on his wife took over and continued to support the Club.... but she gave up last year... the family having pumped millions into the Club including funding a new stand. Percentage wise put far more in to 'their' Club than SL has to City (although that no slight on the supremely generous Lansdown family). Know the former CEO well, who I believe actually worked for the Club for free initially - a real fan who lived and breathed TUFC. 

Just one of many Clubs that are suffering from the Sky-inflated market place. Be nice if a small slice of the billions in the game went out to the Clubs on the margins. As it is, prices the last time I went were comparable if not more expensive than City and they're still struggling to make ends meet.

Can never forgive them though for being 2-0 up against the Slags into the second half and losing 3-2 a few seasons back. Infact, been friggin years since they beat them. 

Will pop down for a midweek game sometime to show my support and give them a few squid. 

can remember going to plainmoor many times in the early 70s div 3 most of their games K.O were 7.30 on a Saturday nite.

stubbs,mitchinson,cave.they had a pretty tidy side!!!!!

Torquay away. In the early to mid 80's that meant a riot in a Torquay night club the night before the game, several City fans being rescued after getting so drunk they attempted to row out to sea, and City hitting the national headlines after one of the Nolan Sisters reported her terror at having her car rocked from side to side and almost turned over by irate, and far from gentlemanly, City fans after the game. Think we somehow contrived to lose as well, so all in all a fairly typical away day of that era in every respect.

Good luck to Torquay, they're obviously a far, far superior football club to Bristol Rovers ( for instance :whistle: ) and hopefully they'll outlast them by a very long time.

I seem to remember them going to the Mem the season before last an beating them 2-1....a result that started the NLBR thread and set them on their way gloriously marching into the Conference.

Save Torquay!

Used to take my elderly uncle down to Plainmoor years ago as he could have a pint in 'Boots and Laces' and we could sit him in the stand opposite the Pop Side, take him a pasty and Bovril at half time and back for a drink after the match. The missus and I used to stand at Crackers Corner with a bloke who always took the p*ss out of the away substitutes. Some times when they reacted it was hilarious. Remember the bucket coming round one match to pay the wages for Jason Roberts when he played for the Gulls on loan. Lovely little club, I will donate and just hope others will as well

Archived