IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

On 05/05/2018 at 23:25, JonDolman said:

Annoyed to have got that event. Rubbish undercard and Haye injured going into fight. Stream every one from now on.

Well said & my sentiments exactly.

Haye knew he wasn't 100% all everything he said before was heavily fabricated. Wanted one last payday. I rarely buy PPV boxing these days but was at home with the family so we all chipped in - felt completely ripped off. 

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Still nothing about Tyson’s opponent with a month to go. Seems to be getting odder by the day 

I'm rapidly losing optimism for a return to the top for Fury, starting to think he'll get beat before one of the big fights comes along and that he'll call it a day. 

• Like 1

1 Billion Dollar deal for fast Eddie, I know everyone loves to hate him but I’m excited to see what sort of stable he gets together with that war chest. Hopefully results in the best all fighting the best and so much easier to arrange fights when they’re all signed to the same promoter.

2 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

1 Billion Dollar deal for fast Eddie, I know everyone loves to hate him but I’m excited to see what sort of stable he gets together with that war chest. Hopefully results in the best all fighting the best and so much easier to arrange fights when they’re all signed to the same promoter.

Seems a LOT of shows-16 in the US per year for 8  years, plus the Sky deal here. it's unsustainable surely.

@Tomarse not long now...

11 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

I've just been reading a bit more about this and it looks like only good news for UK fans. The 16 US shows are all being broadcast on Sky, and all the of the cards are starting at 1800 US time- so New York shows will start at 2300 here! Even Vegas shows will begin at 0200, so much improved. They also provide Sky with 16 domestic fights a year too, so we get 32 cards a year from Matchroom. They are going to need an awseome stable and it looks like Terence Crawford might well be one of the first to join.

You have to give Hearn credit, if he pulls this off he will essentially run boxing- and he seems to be using mainly risking Perform Group's and DAZN's money rather his own to do so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

I've just been reading a bit more about this and it looks like only good news for UK fans. The 16 US shows are all being broadcast on Sky, and all the of the cards are starting at 1800 US time- so New York shows will start at 2300 here! Even Vegas shows will begin at 0200, so much improved. They also provide Sky with 16 domestic fights a year too, so we get 32 cards a year from Matchroom. They are going to need an awseome stable and it looks like Terence Crawford might well be one of the first to join.

You have to give Hearn credit, if he pulls this off he will essentially run boxing- and he seems to be using mainly risking Perform Group's and DAZN's money rather his own to do so.

Yeah exciting times. They’ve said that there’ll be no ppv in the states too just a monthly subscription with no contract so hopefully that means that we’ll just get all the fights on sky sports and not box office, or at least less box office fights :fingerscrossed:

Edited by Ohbasso

It'll be like the WWE, with endless manufactured 'beefs', extended monologues and dramatic 'heel turns' as fan favourites become baddies and vice versa. I've been convinced for years that Hearn is basically modelling Matchroom boxing on what he used to see on WWE when he was a kid, this is just the next step. Keep an eye out for ladder matches and steel chairs coming to a ring near you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

It'll be like the WWE, with endless manufactured 'beefs', extended monologues and dramatic 'heel turns' as fan favourites become baddies and vice versa. I've been convinced for years that Hearn is basically modelling Matchroom boxing on what he used to see on WWE when he was a kid, this is just the next step. Keep an eye out for ladder matches and steel chairs coming to a ring near you.

Don't tell me you wouldn't like to see Bellew get busted right in the chops with a ladder haha!

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Hope you get stuck with a stream on which Paulie is commentating :laughcont:

He's bang on the gak already getting warmed up @Super haha!

edit- just checked and it's on ESPN in the States, so you're safe as Paulie is on Showtime mate, call off the snakes hahaha

also a 0200 ringwalk apparently...

Edited by Stortz

On 09/05/2018 at 13:00, Owl Visiting said:

McRae is a great boxing writer. Have you read Dark Trade Owl? It's the best book ever written on boxing imo. A Man's World is also fantastic.

Not long until Hughie for those with insomnia.