IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Can I just say respect to Parker  fighting the best heavyweights,while the swinger Wilder is sat at home fighting nobodies talking trash and ducking people 

Aye, still young for a heavy weight, and he can take a punch, Whyte nailed him and as soon as he hit the floor he was back up on his feet.  I am not sure he will ever have the power to be a top top heavy weight, but he has bottle and staying power and you can only doff your cap to the guy.

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Quality,think we all moaned about the undercard but what a great night of boxing,Eddie can’t believe his luck

Exactly mate, Eddie is planning 7 domestic ppvs next year after getting away with this haha!

It was a great night of boxing tbf, kos all night long.

1 minute ago, TRL said:

Aye, still young for a heavy weight, and he can take a punch, Whyte nailed him and as soon as he hit the floor he was back up on his feet.  I am not sure he will ever have the power to be a top top heavy weight, but he has bottle and staying power and you can only doff your cap to the guy.

Entirely agree, he doesn't possess anything like enough power to be elite, pretty to watch though his combinations can be. Showed real balls tonight though, fair play.

30 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Barry Bannan isn't having it Stortz

Can't see the tweet mate, has he deleted it? EDIT- Ah I can now. Think 'pure shite' is pushing it. You need balls to go out in the 12 th looking to knock Whyte out imo.

I meant more the surviving the kd and going for it in the last round, thought he showed a lot more character in the defeat than v AJ.

17 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Next iFL TV video Eddie will be like a dog with two dicks. He knows if Wilder bottles April then Joshua v Whyte II will sell out Wembley regardless. 

Wilder wont want to fight either imo 

No, they have ******* pulses mate.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

Cracking night of boxing. Benn another action packed bout, Allen's Rocky style victory, Chisora shocked us all by beating the Paris brick wall Takam and fair play to Whyte for showing some determination to hang on in the last round of a very good fight.

Sadly I can't see Wilder being interested in fighting Whyte. Realistically it's going to be a Whyte v Chisora rematch in my humble opinion.

9 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Nope it was all hype to sell more tickets imo. He’s miles off it yet 

From what I've read - it's happening. 

Would make them look absolutely ridiculous to do this big show of criticising Hearn and Joshua for not getting the Wilder fight made and then let it fizzle out.

It's one of two things I think - either Fury wants to give it a go, thinks he has a reasonable chance but if he loses then it's a cash out.. OR he knows he's back to what he was in 2015 and knows he can beat Wilder.

If Fury is back on form, and stays clear of Wilder's big shots - I think he'll win fairly easily. He's undoubtedly a far better boxer, it's just Wilders phenomenal power and the question as to whether Fury does actually still have 'it' after the layoff.

On 15/08/2018 at 07:28, Tomarse said:

Nope it was all hype to sell more tickets imo. He’s miles off it yet 

I don't know, Wilder is apparently attending Windsor Park on Saturday- surely he wouldn't bother unless the fight was seriously close.

I reckon even a half cooked Fury makes Wilder look as shit at boxing as he is. He will be windmilling thin air all night.

22 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Maybe it will but I don't see Saturdays fight being anymore of a workout than his previous so not sure how he can be sharp enough.  When he fought Vlad he was at the top of his game and it was a tactical masterplan by his Uncle Pete. I don't see him being anywhere near sharp enough nor does he have Pete by his side anymore.  If he takes out Wilder then obviously he's set for a monster payday next year against AJ.. 

His opponent on Saturday is definitely a step up, but should still be relatively easy for him.

Fury seems to raise or lower his game based on his opponent - always has done. Obviously the Vlad performance, but also the way he dominated Chisora before that, show that he can raise his game when necessary.

Fighting bad opponents like Seferi doesn't really help Fury, BJS is the same, he's often struggled against poor opponents. 

The trainer Ben Davison says that because they're both very talented, they get complacent.

A dangerous opponent like Wilder would bring out the best of him. I agree his chances of winning would be far higher with P.Fury in his corner though.

15 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Frampton can’t moan to much,if he wanted big fights anymore he wouldn’t be fighting this lad for a start

Agree mate, think he fell for Warren's bullshit when he promised him LSC at Windsor Park. He's been mugged right off with fighting this bum and Fury taking over the promotion.

Frampton had to dive at the weight too, he looked awful at the weigh in and had to strip naked to make it.

57 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Not been impressed with Frampton since the loss. Almost as if the Ring boxer of the year accolade went to his head.  

So presumably Fury and Wilder will square up after his fight. Still be surprised if he fights him this year.

Let’s hope they fight so one of them can roll off to a dark corner somewhere,although I’m with you I think fury might get the taste of drugs sorry I meant boar meat around about October and it will be called off 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Not been impressed with Frampton since the loss. Almost as if the Ring boxer of the year accolade went to his head.  

So presumably Fury and Wilder will square up after his fight. Still be surprised if he fights him this year.

I wonder wtf went on with him and the McGuigans, his career has been in free fall since.

The win over LSC seems a long time ago now for sure.

18 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I wonder wtf went on with him and the McGuigans, his career has been in free fall since.

The win over LSC seems a long time ago now for sure.

Something odd has happened,he lost both fights in my eyes against LSC but that is no disgrace because he’s top level but it’s all very weird I agree