IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45887432

Canelo getting a million a week from DAZN for 5 years.

Part of the contract is for Canelo to prepare himself ever more. Mexican purveyors of contaminated meat are rubbing their hands!

Seriously though, would like to hear Hearn’s rationale here (beyond money). It does send the wrong message that cheaters prosper and I am sure I have heard him lay into drug cheats on IFL (though possibly not Canelo personally) from purely the basis of using it and injuring your opponent or killing them.

He’s thrown Rocky under the bus though!

4 hours ago, awbb said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45887432

Canelo getting a million a week from DAZN for 5 years.

Part of the contract is for Canelo to prepare himself ever more. Mexican purveyors of contaminated meat are rubbing their hands!

Seriously though, would like to hear Hearn’s rationale here (beyond money). It does send the wrong message that cheaters prosper and I am sure I have heard him lay into drug cheats on IFL (though possibly not Canelo personally) from purely the basis of using it and injuring your opponent or killing them.

He’s thrown Rocky under the bus though!

Hearn hasn't signed him mate, DAZN have- so now they have Matchroom, Golden Boy and the WBSS. That and Belator for $9.99 a month is very tempting given single PPVs in the states are $80- $100.

He did just pay Povetkin millions to fight AJ though, so I think it's fair to say his PED attitude is flexible according to his bank account requirements.

I don't think he's thrown Fielding under a bus tbh, he was never going to fight one of the biggest names in the sport at MSG based on his boxing ability alone was he?! Eddie and DAZN just paid for Rocky's retirement.

Given the 11 fight deal Canelo has signed, I suspect we are about to see a bigger queue of cab drivers than Saturday on the centre at 2am!

Edited by Stortz

20 hours ago, Stortz said:

Hearn hasn't signed him mate, DAZN have- so now they have Matchroom, Golden Boy and the WBSS. That and Belator for $9.99 a month is very tempting given single PPVs in the states are $80- $100.

He did just pay Povetkin millions to fight AJ though, so I think it's fair to say his PED attitude is flexible according to his bank account requirements.

I don't think he's thrown Fielding under a bus tbh, he was never going to fight one of the biggest names in the sport at MSG based on his boxing ability alone was he?! Eddie and DAZN just paid for Rocky's retirement.

Given the 11 fight deal Canelo has signed, I suspect we are about to see a bigger queue of cab drivers than Saturday on the centre at 2am!

Hearn’s IFL interview yesterday, Fast Car says ‘I had nothing to do with the Canelo signing’ before insinuating that he was involved in every step to do with it bar writing up the contract. 

I didn’t like his attitude when Kugan asked him about the PED thing. I get it, market forces are what they are, but it felt hypocritical of him to talk seriously about Saunders and then put on a silly voice and effectively sweep the Canelo thing under the rug. I’m a bit new to it and I’ve never really seen Hearn be quite so dismissive of something like that before, even as you’ve pointed out, he’s not really going to have anything to with Canelo beyond it being a bit easier to get big pay days for some of his fighters.

I don’t really buy the Povetkin argument either. If AJ didn’t fight him he’d have lost a belt. That’s on the governing body really. AJ wants to achieve something no one else has in ‘the 4 belt era’ so didn’t have a choice.

All my opinion of course. :)

13 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Found it interesting that he said the era of $94.99 PPV in the US is over while we still get fleeced up to £29 for Haye v Belluew ffs 

There are a lot of people moaning about that on the comments to the video. To be honest, I don't really know the "cheapest" way of watching PPV's on Sky or, to be fair, the non-PPV stuff, but comparatively speaking, we're soon to be on the wrong end of it.

The other thing there is that if Canelo is the only fighter in the US that justifies a PPV (as Hearrn said), then surely only AJ justifies it in this country? Obviously, that's not the case. Any "big" fight in this country is behind the secondary paywall. Is it a case of though we pay less for each PPV, way more boxers are "labelled" PPV attractions?

I mean, what have we got between now and the end of the year in this country- Usyk v Bellew and Whyte v Chisora/Ortiz (if it happens). That's just Matchroom. Wilder v Fury (albeit that one is in America).  Frampton v Warrington as well

1 hour ago, Super said:

???

Seen that Sunday and I was laughing,it’s boring me now tho all this wilder talk,if I wanted the fight and really thought I would win then I would let AJ have 60-40 with no rematch clause and then if I did win I would demand 70-30 and Eddie would have to except but wilder just wants a one off pay day by the looks of it

Edited by joe jordans teeth

29 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I’m to the point where I hope Fury does a number on him - twice - and he can disappear into mediocrity Jeff lacy style before we get a proper Battle of Britain sometime around this time next year 

Would make things a lot simpler because fury will fight in a car park for £20 and a slap up meal of boar meat 

• Haha 2