IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Looks like Loma was getting back into it after his shoulder surgery.

What an incredible assault in the 11th though, just breathtaking

He called out Mikey Garcia after the fight too, that would be incredible- if Mikey gets through the Spence Jnr fight in one piece.

Edited by Stortz

9 hours ago, Super said:

Brook fight was rubbish finished at the top level. He should fight Khan then both retire.

He's had a really frustrating career. After the Porter fight he should've had loads of big fights but instead Eddie put him in with average/crap fighters then suddenly GGG. Does feel like something was holding him back. Maybe ultimately he just wasn't quite a top class fighter and Eddie knew this so managed his career carefully. 

Khan/Brook has that Bellew/Haye vibe to it. You want to see it but know both men are past their best and it's likely to be shit. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Super said:

Brook fight was rubbish finished at the top level. He should fight Khan then both retire.

Haven't watched Brook but heard from reports it was dire. He's never been the same since the ridiculous decision to fight GGG.

Khan v Brook is fast becoming irrelevant. Years ago it was a match-up people both sides of the pond wanted to see. Nowadays not so much.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Haven't watched Brook but heard from reports it was dire. He's never been the same since the ridiculous decision to fight GGG.

Khan v Brook is fast becoming irrelevant. Years ago it was a match-up people both sides of the pond wanted to see. Nowadays not so much.

It's still a fight that would sell out a big stadium I reckon although I can't see it ever happening.

On 06/12/2018 at 14:54, When the river runs said:

Whyte, Fury, Parker have all basically insinuated about him using peds , none have been sued. No smoke without fire.

I have the same opinion  on pacquiou,  when he was going through everyone. Look at the weight classes he's gone up and retained if not increased his power.

Then the fight with mayweather was on the horizon and mayweather was calling out for stringent testing.... 

Manny then loses his power overnight.

I do think AJ possibly is the best out there though with exception of the possibility of being out boxed by Fury. However I wont be routing for him even though hes british

I have always said that about Pac. Not only did he retain punching power but always increased going up in weight. The Mayweather testing regime came out and tgat was it for him 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Super said:

Just listening to Frank on TS. He is certainly right that Whyte v Chisora being a PPV fight is a complete joke.

Yeah, terrible timing as well with all the hype still around Tyson Fury. I feel for Whyte, think he deserves better than this fight. The rematch would have been interesting if it had immediately followed the first fight but don't think there's much interest now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Super said:

Just listening to Frank on TS. He is certainly right that Whyte v Chisora being a PPV fight is a complete joke.

Definitely a joke being PPV, especially given the first one wasn’t even a main event it was an undercard fight!

Having said that, watched the first fight again the other day and if it’s anything like that then it would be money well spent!

On 10/12/2018 at 07:08, TomF said:

Think Eddie referred to his weight inbwteen fights was questionable. 14 stone and then had to make 147.. 

Not just his weight by all accounts mate, there are numerous dodgy tales about Kell!

Come on Rocky lad! Can't see this ending well for him, but fair shout for achieving his dream.

15 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Dodgy tales being what stortz ? Spill the beans with what you know or is it just tales ?

Haha, it's salacious gossip at best mate but he's supposed to be in to a bit more than booze and his private life is rumoured to be rather colourful shall we say.

What happened that night in Tenerife when he got his leg sliced open at that fella's flat hasn't really been explained very believably either.

Have you ever heard anything similar about Kell @Owl Visiting?

Edited by Stortz

24 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Haha, it's salacious gossip at best mate but he's supposed to be in to a bit more than booze and his private life is rumoured to be rather colourful shall we say.

What happened that night in Tenerife when he got his leg sliced open at that fella's flat hasn't really been explained very believably either.

I had forgot about that tbh,random attack’s do happen don’t get me wrong but it was all a bit dodgy I thought 

34 minutes ago, Stortz said:

The story about the attack I’m surprised it hasn’t come out more, although possibly the person in question has been paid to be quiet.

Certainly , if rumours are true Kell misread the situation very badly as to the reasons why he was in the flat. 

I guess with boxing being a macho sport those stories wouldn’t help his image ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stortz said:

Just the same things as you Stortz looking at your posts, particularly regarding the night he was stabbed.

25 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

When is mundo out again mate,he’s got to be getting lively again soon but not heard about any future bouts

Not heard anything mate, I reckon he'll be watching pretty closely tonight!

This Whyte Chisora 2 promo is great:

Edited by Stortz