IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've never really understood boxing. I just don't grasp the idea of punching another bloke and getting whacked back.

What is the point? :boxing:

You clearly haven't grasped the concept at all as the 'idea' is to weaken your opponent and ultimately knock them down and NOT to get whacked back.

Brilliant sport and one of the oldest in the world, the 'sweet science'.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You clearly haven't grasped the concept at all as the 'idea' is to weaken your opponent and ultimately knock them down and NOT to get whacked back.

Brilliant sport and one of the oldest in the world, the 'sweet science'.

You're right - I don't get it at all.

I really don't see the skill or "entertainment" in watching two blokes whack each other for a set number of rounds or until one loses consciousness. 

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

Anyone else been watching Gennady Golovkin (GGG) of late.

The man is an absolute beast with hands made of iron. Martin Murray did really well to last 11 rounds with him.

Not sure there's anyone out there at the moment that can come anywhere close to him.

He is one of the best pound for pound out there at present

But for me he best is Guillermo Rigondeaux

40 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Don't get to see Golovkin as he's always on Box Nation, which is a shame.

They have Cotto v Alvarez in a couple of weeks which'll be a belter of a fight.

Pretty sure his fight with martin Murray was on CH 5

5.5 lbs over! That would be a big miss at cruiserweight, but at bantam it's like having another arm ffs. Yeah Haskins has been elevated to full champion but to deprive a man of a fight on American PPV, in Vegas, and the pay day that comes with because he can't be arsed to get anywhere near making the weight is pathetic.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Northern Red said:

5.5 lbs over! That would be a big miss at cruiserweight, but at bantam it's like having another arm ffs. Yeah Haskins has been elevated to full champion but to deprive a man of a fight on American PPV, in Vegas, and the pay day that comes with because he can't be arsed to get anywhere near making the weight is pathetic.

It is pretty shocking to be so far over. That said the guy look ripped I wonder if he should even be fighting at that weight. He surely must be feeling it in a fight he he has to drop that kind of weight.

I think golden boy promotions should be compensating all involved including fans you have paid for tickets and travel/accomodation

7 minutes ago, TRL said:

It is pretty shocking to be so far over. That said the guy look ripped I wonder if he should even be fighting at that weight. He surely must be feeling it in a fight he he has to drop that kind of weight.

I think golden boy promotions should be compensating all involved including fans you have paid for tickets and travel/accomodation

I guess there are more than just Lee`s fight on the card so I bet there won`t be any refunds from the organisers that`s for sure. It`ll be up to Caballero`s team to do anything that gets done but, being America, they`ll no doubt have lawyers working in getting out of it as we speak and will fight it tooth and nail until they wear them down.

What`s next for Lee now though? I presume he`ll have to`defend` if that`s the right word given the circumstances and he should get to pick the venue. I can think of an excellent state of the art stadium in Bristol that should just about be completed by the time he needs it.