IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎00‎:‎54‎:‎02, MichaelRobartes said:

Haha. Must be something in the water. Ignore me.

Too late! I saw your post , and then saw Bet365 offering 20/1 on the draw. Having had a drink and not thinking rationally, I thought I had discovered a glitch in the system (as if!) Anyway, my account is now £30 lighter :(

5 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

Too late! I saw your post , and then saw Bet365 offering 20/1 on the draw. Having had a drink and not thinking rationally, I thought I had discovered a glitch in the system (as if!) Anyway, my account is now £30 lighter :(

Sorry Miah! I switched it on near the end (having had a few bevvies) and clearly had no clue what was going on. Wallies like me are why I don't gamble.

• Admin
19 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

How unprofessional. They would have known a fortnight ago he was never going to make the weight. All the people who traveled to support Lee for **** all. 

I bet they were gambling on Haskins taking on the "catchweight" match - luckily they didn't 

2 hours ago, Super said:

I see David Haye is coming back in Jan, has a lot to prove after embarrassing himself against VK.

He battered Chisora after that to be fair.

Used to like him quite a lot but he has become such a nause. Presumably needs a bit of cash hence the 'comeback'. Vlad is 40 next year and will surely give the belts up so there could be a bit of a free-for-all and some domestic match-ups.

Deontay Wilder would be another straightforward route for Haye to become World Champion again.

Never heard of this bum he's fighting in January....

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He battered Chisora after that to be fair.

Used to like him quite a lot but he has become such a nause. Presumably needs a bit of cash hence the 'comeback'. Vlad is 40 next year and will surely give the belts up so there could be a bit of a free-for-all and some domestic match-ups.

Deontay Wilder would be another straightforward route for Haye to become World Champion again.

Never heard of this bum he's fighting in January....

Just keep thinking of him after the fight against VK showing off his toe at the press conference. Embarrassing.

No never heard of the guy either he has lost 1 in 33 but probably against lower class opponents. Have v AJ would be a huge fight in this country.

36 minutes ago, Super said:

Just keep thinking of him after the fight against VK showing off his toe at the press conference. Embarrassing.

No never heard of the guy either he has lost 1 in 33 but probably against lower class opponents. Have v AJ would be a huge fight in this country.

I was there! Massive let down.

He was on the radio earlier saying it's injuries that've kept him out the ring for 3+ years but let's not forget in 2013 he announced he was heading to Hollywood to become a movie star - that obviously didn't pan out so well!

I've never heard of any of the boxers on De Mori's record. Says it all.

Haye/AJ must surely be a way off. Wait until one of them beats Wilder and it's a massive world title fight for sure.

On 21/11/2015, 23:54:09, Kid in the Riot said:

Should be a cracker but on box nation which I don't have so off to bed!

Anyone give Fury a chance next weekend?

If you have BT Sport they have a show called Boxing Tonight , generally on a Tuesday about 8pm which they show the fight from the week before which was on Box Nation. Haven't seen this week's but I believe they were showing the full fight of Alvarez and Cotto last night 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

He`s back from Vegas now and was interviewed on Points West. He said he still wants to fight in the US but also wants to stage a fight in Bristol: `a big event, in a football stadium or something like that` he said. Here`s hoping.

really don't think ,so for whatever reason he doesn't seem to have a lot of pulling power...

• Admin
13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

He`s back from Vegas now and was interviewed on Points West. He said he still wants to fight in the US but also wants to stage a fight in Bristol: `a big event, in a football stadium or something like that` he said. Here`s hoping.

At the end of the day, they currently sell out a venue like Whitchurch Sports centre / Clevedon's sports ground. To generate enough interest to use a football stadium would be a massive increase in numbers attending.

I stand to be corrected but not sure there is enough interest that if Lee Haskins was top of the bill you'd sell out enough to justify it being held at a football stadium.

At the moment he would be on an undercard, and then it would mean having to have someone else - probably not related to the area being top of the bill

Personally can't ever see it happening