IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Gotta say, fair play to Fury, VK threw about four right hands in the first eight rounds and for a fighter who has a left, right and a left hook in his arsenal, just not enough...

Can only throw what the the other boxers allows you,fury wasn't letting him do it,snuffed him out and out bullied the bully

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Haye's planning comeback, I hate Haye, I want him to comeback and then get retired again quick smart preferably by a big knockout.

Back on Jan 16th, I love David Haye, great boxer and I still think he would have beaten Fury 

Boxing is all about money at the end of the day. Is there really enough appetite amongst fans to see a rematch after that last night?

Haye/Fury makes more money and probably Wilder/Fury too so I feel they're more likely.  They can pay off Klitschko to step aside if he does indeed want a rematch (and I have my doubts he does).

50 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm not so sure, people really underestimate Tyson. Peter fury is a great trainer and very good at making a game plan as last night shows. 

Haye is a big puncher and is able to finish, Cunningham put Tyson on his arse and I think Haye would have finished that fight off had it been him in that position. 

It's still a fight I'd love to see 

Would Haye of got near Fury though?? Haye doesn't have the reach of Klitschko who failed to close the distance effectively.

Haye just isn't a proper heavyweight and as long as Fury kept him at arms length then I don't see how he could win.

Fury has said he won't give Haye the opportunity of fighting him now anyway after Haye pulled out of those fights so we may never know.

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Would Haye of got near Fury though?? Haye doesn't have the reach of Klitschko who failed to close the distance effectively.

Haye just isn't a proper heavyweight and as long as Fury kept him at arms length then I don't see how he could win.

Fury has said he won't give Haye the opportunity of fighting him now anyway after Haye pulled out of those fights so we may never know.

Money talks, If Haye can regain himself as a contender again sure it will happen. Certainly some great fights in store in Britain with AJ on the scene as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He punches aswell as any heavyweight, would he get near enough though to Fury is definatley the question.

It intrigues me, Hopefully Haye will impress in jan to get himself a shot as Money does talk and I reckon this fight could sell out anywhere in England. 

22 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Boxing is all about money at the end of the day. Is there really enough appetite amongst fans to see a rematch after that last night?

Haye/Fury makes more money and probably Wilder/Fury too so I feel they're more likely.  They can pay off Klitschko to step aside if he does indeed want a rematch (and I have my doubts he does).

To be fair, I'd sooner watch UFC than boxing nowadays.

Boxing is often anti-climatic.

Gone are the good days of Lennox Lewis, Eubank, Prince Naseem etc...

Edited by Scrumpy

8 hours ago, Scrumpy said:

To be fair, I'd sooner watch UFC than boxing nowadays.

Boxing is often anti-climatic.

Gone are the good days of Lennox Lewis, Eubank, Prince Naseem etc...

UFC sucks, but each to their own.

The big fights are often anti-climatic to casual fans but rarely to me. Take Mayweather v Pacman, most boxing fans would've told you that fight took place at least 3 years too late and Manny was shot. Couple that with Mayweather's ultra-cautious style and it was always going to be pretty dull. Same with Klitschko v Fury, with all due respect a KO was very unlikely and sure enough it was a poor fight - no way was I gonna pay £17 for it.

Domestically though there's still plenty of good action. Britain currently has 12 world champions so we should be in a 'golden era' of sorts.

You'd have been better off watching DeGale v Bute on Saturday night - DeGale is an exciting boxer with fast hands and will have some big, big fights next year.

Andy Lee v Billie Joe Saunders on 19 December and Quigg v Frampton 27 February will both be entertaining fights I promise you.

Apparently Kell Brook v Timothy Bradley could be on for next year and Adonis Stevenson v Kovalev would be another corker if made.

16 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The big fights are often anti-climatic to casual fans but rarely to me. Take Mayweather v Pacman, most boxing fans would've told you that fight took place at least 3 years too late and Manny was shot. Couple that with Mayweather's ultra-cautious style and it was always going to be pretty dull. Same with Klitschko v Fury, with all due respect a KO was very unlikely and sure enough it was a poor fight - no way was I gonna pay £17 for it.

Domestically though there's still plenty of good action. Britain currently has 12 world champions so we should be in a 'golden era' of sorts.

You'd have been better off watching DeGale v Bute on Saturday night - DeGale is an exciting boxer with fast hands and will have some big, big fights next year.

Andy Lee v Billie Joe Saunders on 19 December and Quigg v Frampton 27 February will both be entertaining fights I promise you.

Apparently Kell Brook v Timothy Bradley could be on for next year and Adonis Stevenson v Kovalev would be another corker if made.

I've just found myself losing interest in boxing by watching so many higher profile fights with little excitement. Then in contrast, whenever I watch UFC fights, it is much more entertaining and both opponents give their all.

Maybe I'll keep my eye out for more boxing events and hopefully see something of more quality and entertainment value....

17 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Andy Lee v Billy Joe will be an interesting fight, and probably the fight of the year. Am I right in saying both from the travelling community?

Quigg v frampton next year also a good match up, not a lot of love between the promoters.

The return of Haye I struggle to get any appetite for at all. His fights generally an anti climax followed by the inevitable excuses. 

13 minutes ago, daored said:

Andy Lee v Billy Joe will be an interesting fight, and probably the fight of the year. Am I right in saying both from the travelling community?

Quigg v frampton next year also a good match up, not a lot of love between the promoters.

The return of Haye I struggle to get any appetite for at all. His fights generally an anti climax followed by the inevitable excuses. 

Yep, Andy Lee and Billy Joe are both gypos. Lee is Tyson Fury's cousin.

Haye had one massively anti climatic fight v Klitschko but other than that ko'd all his opponents at heavyweight level bar Valuev so I'd say his entertainment value ranks pretty high.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, Andy Lee and Billy Joe are both gypos. Lee is Tyson Fury's cousin.

Haye had one massively anti climatic fight v Klitschko but other than that ko'd all his opponents at heavyweight level bar Valuev so I'd say his entertainment value ranks pretty high.

Didn't realise they were cousins 

When I was really into boxing there were only two world sanctioning bodies the WBC and WBA and fewer weight categories. Thus being a world champ really meant something. Obviously, TF won the version of several sanctioning bodies on Saturday so that counts for something. Like others have commented, I was surprised to see him get the decision effectively in the champ's backyard, but wonder if the English are now getting a reputation for sniffing out anything that isn't above board in the world of sport such as with FIFA. Thus the judges were at pains to score it fairly even accounting for the ref's attempt to put the mockers on it by deducting a point. Had TF been Spanish or something, would probably have been a unanimous pts victory for the champ.

23 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Eubank said he was up for it in the jungle(my misses forces me at knife point to watch it,honest),rather sad if it happens, just let us remember them as the Warriors they were