IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Crolla fast becoming the next Hatton. Both really nice guys, great boxers and have captured the Manchester  and wider public's imagination. So much respect for Crolla, that bloke was a dangerous opponent - you could tell he could box and hit hard.

Devastating ko for Khan but always a danger of it happening. Gotta wonder how much he's got left in the tank now. He simply has to take the Brook fight, which would be a sell-out at Wembley.

• Like 1

Khan completely knew what he was walking into when he took the Canelo fight. It was odds on he'd get KO'ed, by the bigger, superior boxer.

I guess he is happy taking a massive blow for $9m though. 

Read somewhere he's the Mandatory challenger for Garcia's WBC belt so onto the next big payday. Can't see him taking the Brook fight until he's exhausted all the Las Vegas options. The money is just too good out there. 

Crolla's was the fight to watch though, that will live long in the memory. Textbook performance, great fight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super said:

Any reason this fight is in cardiff not bristol?

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Because the best venues in Bristol are a sports centre and the bottom of a football stand. Cardiff have a bigger ice rink than we have arena. Embarrassing.

Good tactical fight by Lee. Not a classic but he got it spot on tonight 

Tomarse is right,but think they seriously overestimated the crowd they thought they would get,looked ridiculous,better off having it in a packed sports centre then a half empty arena 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Parker looked methodical but not spectacular.

If I was AJ I would take the mandatory next fight and its out the way and can then work on bigger things.

Good comment about looking methodical but not spectacular,Tyson fury has been doing it for years.If I was AJ I would take the mandatory and then fight Parker to keep the money rolling in and then fight fury or klit whovever wins the rematch 

38 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Good comment about looking methodical but not spectacular,Tyson fury has been doing it for years.If I was AJ I would take the mandatory and then fight Parker to keep the money rolling in and then fight fury or klit whovever wins the rematch 

Sorry I meant Parker as mandatory for he's no1 contender now, so guess he's next in line to fight AJ.

Take that fight and be free for a while to do whatever after that.

10 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Sorry I meant Parker as mandatory for he's no1 contender now, so guess he's next in line to fight AJ.

Take that fight and be free for a while to do whatever after that.

If AJ gets past his next punchbag then Parker is the mandatory,at least Parker will come to fight unlike Charles Martin 

• Like 1